GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
Anvil Rock is an explorable area in the northwestern corner of the Shiverpeak Mountains. It is named after the huge anvil-shaped rock that dominates the center of the area. The Dwarves believe that this rock was the forge of the Great Dwarf himself. The entire area is made of wide snowy paths and is quite easy to run through because the wide paths allow for dodging most patrols.
Note: Sometimes when the southern area with the small light on the map is approached by players, a small scene can be witnessed where the dwarves defend their camp against many (nearly 30-40) dryders.
Note: Players can actually climb all the way to the very top of the rock which provides an amazing view of the surrounding area.
Exits[edit | edit source]
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- 10 (24) Frostfire Dryder
- 10 (24) Minotaur
- Stone Summit
- 11 (27) Jolo Lighthaunch
- 12 (27) Frostfire Dryder
- 12 (27) Frostfire Dryder
- 12 (28) Riine Windrot
- 13 (27) Minotaur
- 11 (27) Rubi Spottedmane
Pets[edit | edit source]
Skill Capture[edit | edit source]
- Rush from Minotaur boss.
- Bull's Strike from Minotaur boss (not available before A Belated Betrothal quest at Seeker's Passage).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vanquishers must defeat 137-253 monsters in this area.
- The minotaur groups run their patrol routes quickly making them easy to miss; they frequently move into areas the team might have already cleared. You can use your heroes/henchmen to find the missing foes by flagging them across the map (yellow dots above); you know you've found a missing group when the H/H starts to take damage.
- The path to The Frost Gate in south-east can be easily forgotten to clear. Make sure you check this before seeking further patrols.
- Be careful of the group of Frostfire Dryders in the south (near a town-like area). When this group dies, 5 more groups of 3 Dryders spawns to the north and will approach this spot one at-a-time. Some have reported that these groups do not appear unless the party crosses into the village area.
- On rare occasions, a Frostfire Dryder will get stuck just beyond the Deldrimor Bowl portal; it can flee through the portal, preventing teams from completing the vanquish. The only known solution is to kill it from a distance; if you need to do this, be careful to avoid scaring it away by allowing melee-distance allies from approaching (e.g. don't let minions or Henchmen warriors get within aggro distance).