GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Find Old Mac's body out in the Breach.
- Escort Old Mac back to Piken Square.
- Return to Armsman Pitney for your reward.
- "After the Searing, I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. Ashford was destroyed, and I'd be damned if I wasn't gonna fight for what was left of Ascalon. Turns out I even had some natural ability with weapons, so the prince and the duke welcomed me into their Vanguard, and I haven't looked back. Things can get a little lonely out here on the frontlines, though, and watching most of my friends die can really take it out of you. Old Mac was just about the only one from the old days left, and he and his creepy pet went missing during our last battle.
- Would you do me a favor and head to the Breach? See if you can find his body?"
- Accept: "I'll find his body for you."
- Reject: "He's dead. That's all you need to know."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Old Mac)
- "Pitney sent you out here because he thought I was dead? Why that ugly son of a Grawl! He thinks he'll outlast me in this war does he? Me and Joe here will show him! Lead the way back to Piken and let's prove him wrong!"
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Old Mac: "Ah, Piken Square at last. You go tell Pitney that Old Mac and Joe made it back safe and sound."
- "He's alive? I knew he was tough, but to last out there by himself... Well, I suppose he had that creepy pet of his to help him survive. He's never going to let me hear the end of this, still it'll be good to have him back. I can't thank you enough, <name>. You're a credit to Ascalon."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Old Mac and his pet devourer Joe can be found west of Piken Square near a group of Charr. If you get there before the Charr kill him, you lead him back to Piken Square to complete the quest. If the Charr do manage to kill them before you reach them (making it seem as if they did not spawn correctly), you just need to rezone and try again.