GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.

Ascalon City (Post-Searing)

From GuildWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Ascalon City
Ascalon City (Post-Searing).jpg
Town
Campaign Prophecies
Region Ascalon
Party size 4
Map area 0.15%
Neighbors Ascalon Arena
Old Ascalon
The Great Northern Wall (outpost)
Services Armor crafter
Collector
Dye Trader
Guild Emblemer
Guild Registrar
Material Trader
Merchant
Rare Material Trader
Rune Trader
Skill trainer
Storage
Weaponsmith
Map
200px

Description[edit | edit source]

The largest city and cultural center of the now-ruined empire. Ascalon City is one of the only two remaining in the entire kingdom. Though the buildings have fallen and the cathedrals are a shambles, the people here live on in the shadow of what once was.

Getting there[edit | edit source]

You will arrive in the outskirts of Ascalon City upon completing the quest The Path to Glory in pre-Searing Ascalon City. The entrance is to the northeast.

Exits[edit | edit source]

NPCs[edit | edit source]

Quests[edit | edit source]

Ascalon City (Post-Searing)[edit | edit source]


Notes[edit | edit source]

Trivia[edit | edit source]

Historical note.png Historical note: Ascalon City was called "Khylo" in early beta tests of the game.
  • There is a city in the southern part of Israel which bears the latin name of Ashkelon. That city had certain significance Biblical and Islamic history as well as the history of the Crusades. The city of Ashkelon's name was "corrupted" or altered to "Ascalon" by the Crusaders of the First Crusade. The ancient city was decimated in the Battle of Ascalon some time in the early 13th century at the close of the First Crusade and ultimately destroyed towards the end of the 13th century creating an interesting and appropriate parallel between it and the fictional Ascalon. The modern day city of Ashkelon (founded 1951) is a popular resort destination situated approximately 2km northeast of the ancient/biblical city.