GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of the PvE campaign.
Avatars are representatives of the Gods of Tyria that interact with players in the game. They are summoned by approaching a god's statue and issuing an emote command. The most frequently used is kneeling, and would be keyed as:
These are the gods' avatars available in the game right now:
- Balthazar: Champion of Balthazar (a ghostly knight)
- Dwayna: Avatar of Dwayna (an angelic apparition resembling Dwayna's statues)
- Grenth: Voice of Grenth (a specter)
- Melandru: Melandru's Watcher (a druid)
- Lyssa: Lyssa's Muse (a face in a wreath)
- Kormir: Avatar of Kormir and Seer of Truth (a blindfolded Sunspear Paragon)
If you talk to a god's avatar, he may offer you special tasks and services:
- Avatars of Grenth and Balthazar in Temple of the Ages and Lornar's Pass in the Prophecies Campaign, Zin Ku Corridor in the Factions Campaign, and in Chantry of Secrets in the Nightfall Campaign offer access to the Realms of the Gods.
- Avatars of Dwayna in other outposts sometimes offer quests.
- Avatars in explorable areas offer blessings.
Avatar quests[edit | edit source]
This is a list of quests given by gods' avatars in the game right now:
- Family Ties (Prophecies) (given by Avatar of Dwayna in Sardelac Sanitarium)
- Wisdom of the Druids (given by Avatar of Dwayna in Druid's Overlook)
Dervish avatars[edit | edit source]
Dervishes have elite skills that allow them to change into the form of any of the gods. These skills give the user a unique appearance depending on the god the skill is for. Each avatar form for the Dervish comes with its own unique attributes.
- Avatars when used by heroes are smaller in comparison to their human-controlled counterparts.
- If a player dies during the transition from Avatar form to normal form (during the bright flash), there is no corpse.
- Sometimes after returning to normal from Avatar form, the character's color tint changes slightly red, or almost invisible.