GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Barbarous Shore is an explorable area in the outer parts of Kourna. The titular shore is a red-rocked fjord in the south, which is a haven for Corsairs. There is a small cave that serves as a hideout, and a tent-village on the west side of the bay. To the north and the east is Kournan savannah, though rockier than usual, populated by much of the local wildlife, though the high concentration of rare Elementals in the west may be of interest to Lightbringers.
Exits[edit | edit source]
- Northwest: Camp Hojanu
Shrines and Blessings[edit | edit source]
- Northwest: Camp Hojanu, Shrine of Grenth, Heket Hunt
- Northwest of Center: Shrine of Melandru, Plant Hunt
- Far North: Shrine of Lyssa, Corsair Bounty
- Northeast: Shrine of Melandru, Mandragor Hunt
- East: Shrine of Balthazar, Mandragor Hunt
- Center: Shrine of Lyssa, Corsair Bounty
- West: Shrine of Balthazar, Elemental Hunt (Yields Lightbringer Points)
- Southwest: Shrine of Melandru, Corsair Bounty
Quests[edit | edit source]
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- 21 (26) Corsair Weapons Master
- 22 (26) Corsair Lieutenant
- 15 (25) Corsair Bosun
- 22 (26) Corsair Doctor
- 21 (26) Corsair Torturer
- 22 (26) Corsair Mind Reader
- 21 (26) Corsair Wind Master
- 16 (25) Corsair Commandant
- 23 (26) Corsair Admiral
- 22 (26) Corsair Grappler
- 22 (26) Mandragor Slither
- 22 (26) Mandragor Imp
- 22 (26) Stoneflesh Mandragor
- 22 (26) Sevad's Keeper (only during A Fool's Luck)
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- 25 (30) Commander Wahli (Corsair): "You're All Alone!"
- 20 (29) Midshipman Morolah (Corsair): Simple Thievery
- 26 (30) Captain Alsin (Corsair): Wielder's Zeal
- 20 (29) Lieutenant Shagu (Corsair): Crippling Anthem (not during The Foolhardy Father)
- 26 (30) Captain Mhedi (Corsair): Vow of Strength
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Merchants and traders
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This area is a servicable spot to farm reputation points, primarily Sunspear. By following the perimeter of the map in a clockwise fashion, it is possible to activate bounties for Heket, Mandragor, and Corsairs without doing a great deal of fighting beforehand. A bounty for Plants can be found at the shrine in the heart of the area, and there is also a Whispers Informant who will give you an Elemental Hunt which, by killing Cracked Mesas and Stone Shard Crags will net a small number of Lightbringer points. There is also a particularly large concentration of Corsairs in the southwestern region of the map. All told, a complete sweep of the area can yield around 700 Sunspear points and around 25 Lightbringer points, in addition to doubled XP for all Hunt creatures and (naturally) loot.
- Preserved Red Iris Flower can be found in this region.
- Vanquishers must defeat 146-201 foes in this area.
- Watch out for the corsair bosses, they can easily wipe your entire party; pull their groups apart for best results. Also make sure that you explore the hidden cave in the southern area, there is a group of 3 corsairs that wanders near the southern entrance.
- There is a hostile pride of Lions and Lionesses in the far southeast, the only enemies you need to defeat east of the river. Use the southern passage (southeast from Ruthless Sevad) to minimize the number of pop-up mandragor groups you have to fight.