GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Location[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Black Moa allegedly assaulted four young men who were traveling in Ferndale. So bloody and terrifying was the assault that most of them could not even remember where it actually took place. Finding and dealing with the "elusive, mysterious, cunning, devious, and despicable" Black Moa is the objective of the quest The Beak of Darkness.
- The Black Moa can be found in Ferndale, southwest of the Kurzick Aspenwood Gate outpost. Beware of the large number of Dredge patrols in the area, including the boss Mungri Magicbox.
- Charming the Black Moa, rather than killing it, will also fulfill the final objective of the quest.
- The Black Moa will spawn whenever you enter Ferndale as long as any character in the party has completed the quest.
- In the wild, the Black Moa always has an "elder" evolution, even though the creature's name does not indicate this. To obtain a fully evolved Black Moa, you must either death level a Black Moa at the Zaishen Menagerie Grounds or pay Helena to unlock the last tier.
- Other species of Moa can be found throughout the world:
- Black Moas deal slashing damage.
- The Black Moa has its own statue on the Monument of Fellowship.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nehdukah claims Zho lost her left eye to a Black Moa while he was saving her from its grasp. Zho confirms she lost her eye to the Black Moa in her journal and in an idle quote on Shing Jea Island.
- Approaching Nehdukah and his company in Plains of Jarin with a Black Moa will cause them to shout and run in terror.
- In the Zaishen Menagerie Grounds, the "young" Black Moas are actually Black Moa Chicks, instead of simply being smaller versions of the animal.
Related articles[edit | edit source]
|Animal companions (Evolving • Charming/Finding)|
|Tyrian||Albino Rat • Black Bear • Black Wolf • Dune Lizard • Iguana • Jingle Bear • Lynx • Melandru's Stalker • Moa Bird/Strider • Mountain Eagle
Polar Bear • Rainbow Phoenix • Raven • Warthog • White Crab • White Moa • White Wolf • Wolf/Snow Wolf
|Canthan||Black Moa • Crane • Lurker • Phoenix • Reef Lurker • Tiger • White Tiger|
|Elonian||Crocodile • Flamingo • Hyena • Jahai Rat • Lion • Lioness • Warthog|
|Exotic||Black Widow • Moss Spider • White Jingle Moa|