Bone Fiends are Minions created by the Necromancer Skill Animate Bone Fiend. They can be encountered as enemies (raised by opposing Necromancers) or allies. Unlike all other Necromancer Minions, Bone Fiends attack at range by shooting spikes out of their double tails, similar to ranged Devourers.
- Projectiles fired by bone fiends inflict Piercing damage.
- Projectiles fired by bone fiends are not affected by Favorable Winds, but are affected by Conflagration.
- Level 18 Bone Fiend damage versus an AL60 target in the Isle of the Nameless ranges from 17 to 49 including both critical and non-critical hits, with a mean damage of 27.5. The critical hit rate and specific critical and non-critical damage ranges are currently unknown.
- Bone fiend armor increases by roughly 3 per level and health increases by 20 per level.
- A level 18 Bone Fiend has 440 health and 54 armor against physical damage.
- Bone fiends attack roughly once per 1.9 seconds (30 attacks in 58 seconds).
- Because they are ranged attackers, Bone Fiends clump together and thus may be easier to heal or nuke.
- Bone fiends share many common traits with the other types of animated undead and are subject to the same rules as all skills that rely on corpse exploitation.
- Bone fiends lose health at a rate that increases over time. See article Minion for more details.
- It is possible to animate a Bone Fiend up to level 23 with 21 Death magic. For information on how to raise Death Magic that high, see the Attribute article.