GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Most skills have an activation time during which the character is using the skill. During this activation time, it is possible to cancel a skill by pressing a movement key. The "Cancel Action" hotkey can also be used to cancel your skill and is usually faster and more reliable.
Canceling has the following results:
- The cancelled skill does not activate.
- The skill's initial costs (e.g. energy, adrenaline and exhaustion) are still incurred.
- The skill does not need to recharge,
- The skill's aftercast delay will not activate.
This can be especially useful when you know you are going to be interrupted, when skills such as Diversion are used against you, or when you simply push the wrong button.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes people begin activating a signet and cancel it repeatedly when waiting for a mission to begin just for fun and show, as it still activates the skill's animation.