Most skills have an activation time during which the character is using the skill. During this activation time, it is possible to cancel a skill by pressing a movement key. The "Cancel Action" hotkey can also be used to cancel your skill and is usually faster and more reliable.
Canceling has the following results:
- The cancelled skill does not activate.
- The skill's initial costs (e.g. energy, adrenaline and exhaustion) are still incurred.
- The skill does not need to recharge,
- The skill's aftercast delay will not activate.
This can be especially useful when you know you are going to be interrupted, when skills such as Diversion are used against you, or when you simply push the wrong button.
- some people use (just for fun and show) a signet and interrupt them non-stop until the mission starts