GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Category talk:Game updates
Purpose of this category[edit source]
This category seems to have been abandoned, and for good reason. I can't think of any purpose it serves. Would anyone object to my nuking it? — Stabber 19:36, 14 March 2006 (CST)
- Heck, let's put this to a vote.
Get rid of this category?
- (your vote here)
- El Karlos
- Pan Sola
- DragonWR12LB 19:11, 30 March 2006 (CST)
- (your vote here)
Simple majority wins. This vote ends a week from today, i.e., on March 21, 2006. — Stabber 20:11, 14 March 2006 (CST)
Disagree (big surprise, I know): :)
- Every article in the wiki should be categorized, especially if it's easily categorizable. It seems fairly straight forward that each of the updates is part of the game updates category, which in turn is a sub-category of software.
- I do not think the category was "abandoned." I think that one person forgot to put it in an update and people have been blindly copying and pasting.
- A chronological listing of all game updates is a useful and pretty straightforward way of browsng that data. Say you read some where that the May 15th update of 2005 introduced this or that and you want to find the may 15th update? Fastest way? Category:Game updates and scan chronologically.
--Karlos 20:29, 14 March 2006 (CST)
- I disagree that "Every article in the wiki should be categorized", but I do believe if a group of articles naturally belong together, that grouping should receive category status. I agree with everything else Karlos said above. And I love the Year-Month-Date format. Can't understand why Eurpoeans and Americans do things in weird ways. d-: -PanSola 20:36, 14 March 2006 (CST)
- No, but maybe a slightly more general category, that more "uncategorized pages" would fit into, like Category:Overview pages. -- 23:10, 14 March 2006 (CST)
Page name and Sorting Suggestion[edit source]
Also, perhaps we should use sort keys for the game updates? We could sort by month, or year. How does that sound? As it is, this is just all put into "G" but we could use keys to sort them into years (eg. 2005, 2006, et. al.) or months (eg. June, August) though if we did so by months, it'd be listed alphabetically and not by the same order as the months. Evan The Cursed (Talk) 12:41, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- Keys?? The way they are displayed now is perfectly (chronologically) sorted. --Xeeron 01:36, 17 March 2006 (CST)
- I think we can sub-categorize them by the decade... -PanSola 05:45, 17 March 2006 (CST)
A little old, but bringing up that this is still misnamed with the capital. Anyone still have a bot to fix this? --18.104.22.168 03:17, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
Skill updates[edit source]
A "Skill updates" sub-category, to be used in conjunction with "Game updates", might have some use. Since there is not total consensus on whether this category (the potential parent) is worthwhile, are there any objections to having a "Skill updates" category stem from this one? -- Dashface 08:12, 17 September 2006 (CDT)
- What would you put in it? Did you discuss this somewhere else or did you mean the 9-1 vote above? --Fyren 18:05, 17 September 2006 (CDT)