GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Category talk:Weapons by family
There's Stygian Weapons and Stygian Weapon... --184.108.40.206 02:59, 5 September 2007 (CDT)
Naming these subcategories "items" seems wrong to me - it is easier to remember that "weapons" includes defensive weaponry than to remember that "items" in this case does NOT mean salvage items, bundles, quest items and the like. --◄mendel► 06:07, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Items vs weapons[edit source]
I'm a bit late to the party, but I also think that these categories should be named 'weapons' and not 'items'. ArenaNet themselves refer to shields and foci as "weapons".
If we want to call these categories '<family> items' then logically they should contain all related items as well, such as trophies, salvage items, etc. but the whole point of these categories is to categorise weapons by family. Ipso facto, they should be named '<family> weapons'. Thoughts? → Dark Morelia 12:00, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I think that's the general consensus from the last discussion (can't remember where that was right now), just no one's ever taken the time to correct them. Actually, I can do it fairly easily with AWB. I'll go do that right now. —Dr Ishmael 14:37, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I skipped the green items that are in the "Dragon items" category because I don't think we should categorize greens into these "family" categories with non-greens. But I figure we should have some discussion on that before I remove the category from them. —Dr Ishmael 15:05, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Alright, all pages are recategorized. I'll leave it to you to create the new category pages, then I'll deleted the old ones. —Dr Ishmael 15:17, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Ah great, didn't expect that quite so soon! I'll fix everything up with the new cats.
- I definitely agree that the greens shouldn't be lumped with the dragon items. I don't really think greens need be included in these categories at all, except when they make up their own family. The whole dragon family is a bit of a mess, and I'm not sure what the best approach would be. I'm somewhat inclined to split it up into smaller cats, such as Dragon Swords, Dragon Staff/Rod, and Draconic weapons, since those are the only 3 groups that have much commonality. But then that would leave some stragglers that don't really seem to fit in anywhere. Hmmm. → Dark Morelia 23:03, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, I think I got them all done. I moved the talk pages, and corrected any links in mainspace, but I didn't touch the links in userspace or usertalk. I know editing other users' space is sensitive and I wasn't sure if I should.
- Did you miss Category:Bonus Mission Pack items, or was that intenionally left as 'items'? also, I've added move suggestion notices here, here, here, and here. I wasn't quite bold enough to just move those out of the blue.
- Lastly, I've removed those greens from the dragon category, they really shouldn't be in any weapon family category. Still not quite sure what to do about the rest of the items in the dragon category, so I just added a description noting they're very loosely related. Intsead of splitting up the category, I think I'll just add another navbox linking the Draconic weapons together, like I did with Dragon Swords.
- Thoughts are always welcome :) → Dark Morelia 03:15, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
- (out-of-order comment) Old categories have been deleted. —Dr Ishmael 19:17, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- I'll add more thoughts tomorrow if I remember, but for the BMP stuff I skipped it because I felt they should be split into 4 separate categories because they're actually 4 different families. —Dr Ishmael 03:40, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
- I thought it might've been something like that. I'd support splitting them into their own categories and leaving the BMP weapons cat for the heroes' weapons that you need to enter the missions. I guess we'd leave the 4 split categories under the BMP weapons category too. If that makes sense. → Dark Morelia 04:01, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
- Exactly what I was thinking. Now time for bed. —Dr Ishmael 04:04, 23 October 2011 (UTC)