GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Description[edit | edit source]
Cold damage is caused by any attack involving cold or ice. It is caused by Water Magic spells, any weapon with a cold damage upgrade, and most Necromantic spells and hex damage. This type of damage is often overlooked in PvP (with fire damage and lightning damage being more feared), so its proper use can surprise an opponent.
Related Equipment[edit | edit source]
Weapons that inherently cause cold damage[edit | edit source]
- Candy Cane Wand
- Icy Dragon Sword
- Icy Blade Axe
- Glacial Blade
- All regular and unique Wands and Staves linked to the Water Magic attribute
- Most regular and unique Wands and Staves linked to the Death Magic attribute
- Some regular and unique Wands and Staves linked to the Curses attribute
- Various unique martial weapons
Weapon upgrades that cause cold damage:[edit | edit source]
- Icy prefix upgrade components exist for all martial weapon types.
Weapon Bonuses against cold damage:[edit | edit source]
- Axe Grip, Hammer Grip, Sword Pommel and Bow grip Of Warding give +4-7 Armor against elemental damage.
- Focus Items and Shields can have +4-10 Armor against cold damage.
- Additional weapon modifiers give +4-10 Armor against cold damage.
Armor against cold damage:[edit | edit source]
- Elementalist Hydromancer's Insignia gives +10 armor against cold damage and +10 armor against Elemental damage.
- Ranger Frostbound Insignia give +15 armor against cold damage.
- Monk Wanderer's Insignia gives +10 armor versus elemental damage.
- All Ranger armor gives +30 armor against Elemental damage.
When to use Cold[edit | edit source]
Cold damage skills generally have a slowdown effects, although not all do.
Related skills[edit | edit source]
These skills cause cold damage:
- Chilling Winds, Conjure Frost, Deep Freeze, Freezing Gust, Frozen Burst, Gust, Ice Spear, Ice Spikes, Icy Prism, Maelstrom, Mind Freeze, Shard Storm, Shatterstone, Steam, Teinai's Wind, Vapor Blade, Water Trident, Whirlwind, Celestial Storm
These skills involve cold damage in other ways:
- Winter turns all elemental damage into cold damage.
- Spinal Shivers and Shivers of Dread are hexes that cause a foe to be interrupted when they receive cold damage.
- Mantra of Frost is a stance that causes energy gain on receiving and reduces cold damage.
- Skills related to elemental damage
Effect of cold damage to creatures[edit | edit source]
The following creatures are known to have a natural resistance to cold damage:
- Titans encountered during Defend Droknar's Forge
The following creatures are known to be susceptible to cold damage:
- All Destroyers
|Physical damage: Blunt damage • Slashing damage • Piercing damage|
Elemental damage: Cold damage • Earth damage • Fire damage • Lightning damage
Others: Chaos damage • Dark damage • Holy damage • Shadow damage