GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Concept artists[edit | edit source]
- Ragnar X
- http://www.artpad.org/ <- more concept art, good links
- Prostate Sunrise
- http://kekaiart.com/ <- Flash GW art galleries
- http://www.tangrala.com/ <- models
- Wei-Che (Jason) Juan
- http://jasonjart.com/ <- Flash art galleries
Billy D. Arnold
- http://www.manxomefoe.com/ (discontinued)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Doug and Matt do most of the creature concept art here. Billy, Barry, and I take their concepts and crank out fully textured 3D models in 3-5 days per creature depending on the craziness drawn. We try to keep things around 2000 polys, bigger monsters usually go higher. Then the badass animators get 'em and do some kind of voodoo magic dance of awesomeness.
- As far as a tutorial, I've never had the discipline to save/record the intermediate steps I take during the painting process. As a matter of fact, I go for hours without saving, which occasionally results in catastrophic losses when I have a crash. Fortunately, RagnarX periodically screams '"save now, dad!!!" from his station next door. I guess kids can be useful after all :-).
- Jaime (Cicinimo) has some pretty sophisticated photoshop brushes, ranging in complexity from "finish the painting in two strokes" to "finish 4 paintings in one stroke". The kid's a photoshop master- you should see how fast he paints clouds. Myself, I tend to hack and squeeze and massage and generally molest a piece until it feels appropriately submissive to my vision. I'm too impatient and explorative to use custom brushes to the extent Jaime does, but I abuse them frequently as it suits me.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spectrum 15, edited by Cathy Fenner and Arnie Fenner, contains art by Richard Anderson, Matthew Barrett, Daniel Dociu, Jaime Jones, Jason Juan, Kekai Kotaki, Jason Stokes, and Doug Williams.
- The Guild Wars collectors editions include artwork books.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Category:Concept art
- GuildWars.com_news/20080319 - Spectrum 15 Honors Eight ArenaNet Artists
- Sketchwich - ArenaNet Artist's Dumping Grounds
- Arenanet fansite kit
- conceptart.org Factions Nightfall Eye of the North
- Kekai Kotaki's Photobucket collection