GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
The flow of builds and their counters is known as the metagame.
Examples[edit | edit source]
- A Warrior heavy build can be countered by bringing skills that hamper melee attackers, such as Ward Against Melee, Shadow of Fear, Blinding Flash, or Aegis.
- Skill Spammers, such as boon prot monks and Touch rangers, can be countered with skills that extend recharge, such as Diversion and Energizing Wind.
- A spike build, such as Ranger Spike teams, can be countered with skills that prevent damage or extend life, such as Life Sheath and Fertile Season.
- A team that requires all of their offensive characters to be together can be countered by splitting.
- An enchantment heavy team, such as a Zealot's Fire smite team, can be countered with enchantment removal, such as Order of Apostasy.
Counter-Counters[edit | edit source]
Many teams carry skills that are designed to counter possible counters. For example a condition based degen team may bring Signet of Humility to counter Restore Condition or Martyr in tombs. When planning a build, be sure to include skills to counter possible opposing teams, as well as skills that prevent or inhibit counters to your build.