GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
General[edit | edit source]
Daggers always come in pairs. You cannot wield a dagger in one hand while holding a shield or focus in the other hand. The Guild Wars game mechanics treat a pair of daggers like a single two-handed weapon (similar to a bow, hammer, scythe or a staff).
The Assassin's Dagger Mastery attribute improves damage dealt by daggers and linked skills, and is often a requirement for this weapon type. Equipping a pair of daggers is required to perform dagger attack skills.
Dagger attack skills must be performed in a certain order: typically, Lead Attack → Off-Hand Attack → Dual Attack. However, there are some exceptions. See Assassin and Assassin attack chain quick reference for details.
The Dagger throwing skills in the Deadly Arts attribute do not require Daggers to be equipped.
Damage stats[edit | edit source]
- The maximum damage range for daggers is 7-17. The minimum damage range is 1-3.
- There are piercing and slashing daggers available.
- All Daggers have an inherent 2% chance to double strike. This chance stacks with Dagger Mastery.
- Daggers hit in combat every 1.33 seconds. Dagger Mastery of 16 increases the "average attack speed" to 0.99 seconds due to the double strikes that trigger at higher probability.
- Daggers with maximum damage have been observed with attribute requirements as low as 7. Daggers with attribute requirements of 0 have been observed with damage ranges as high as 4-7.
Upgrades and modifiers[edit | edit source]
Zealous and vampiric tangs are some of the most sought after for their benefits during combat situations. Paired with a dagger's rapid attack speed, this can give an assassin a considerable energy or health surplus. Whenever the character is not fighting these weapons should be swapped for another set to prevent them depleting energy or health reserves.
Dagger types[edit | edit source]
Please consult our visual gallery or see them listed by campaign below.
Core[edit | edit source]
Bonus Mission Pack[edit | edit source]
Prophecies[edit | edit source]
Factions[edit | edit source]
Nightfall[edit | edit source]
Eye of the North[edit | edit source]