GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Discord Wallow Lyre
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Hunt down and kill the discord wallow. Retrieve its discord sinew and return to Vasili Lutgardis.
- See Vasili Lutgardis for your reward.
- "The melodic gaki flute will secure me my fortune. That is, my fame. And fortune. But I must fulfill my potential! My potential, and perhaps more fortune. Fortune to share with my fellow music enthusiast.
- If the melodic gaki is a myth, the discord wallow is but the memory of myth. Yet I have reason to believe one of these very creatures does exist in these lands. The discord wallow is said to sing a song so horribly out of tune that I believe it may have protected at least one wallow from the Jade Wind! If I could get my hands on the sinew of the last discord wallow, my potential would be fulfilled, and at last the secret of creating the finest lyres in the land would be mine... and yours, for a small price. I'll even throw in an advance based on my projected sales, factoring in wages and other cost overhead. Now, go find that discord wallow sinew, or I can't save you money!"
- Accept: "My favorite kind of target... the last kind."
- Reject: "You know, it used to be about the music. Forget it."
- When asked about quest: "Taming the discordant discord wallow sinew will prove to everyone there is no sound Vasili Lutgardis cannot shape. I guarantee it!"
- "You are exactly the kind of silent partner a legendary instrument crafter needs... the successful kind! Here's that advance on the profits, and now that I think about it, there might be more where that came from..."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This is a fairly easy quest, which can be done with henchmen or heroes. Exit Saint Anjeka's Shrine from the south, and continue south to the maker on the map. There is a small group of Wardens just behind and to the right of the Discord Wallow, it is possible to get past the wallow by sticking to the right cliff face, and take out the Warden group first, leaving the wallow on its own.