GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Domain of Anguish
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Nightfall Campaign.
|Domain of Anguish|
|Chantry of Secrets|
(click to enlarge)
According to lore, the Domain of Anguish is the place within the Realm of Torment that the evil forces of Abaddon retreated to after the defeat of their dark lord. From this fall-back position they try to re-build a bastion of power, and to threaten the Goddess of Truth. Players may venture into the Domain to stop the demons from succeeding.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Hail, Almighty Heroes!
- Your efforts on behalf of Elona and the living world have been praised in song and legend, and you have earned high praise amongst even the True Gods themselves. However, let it be known that your task is not yet complete. The evil you fought still infuses the Realm of Torment with its malignant magic.
- Those who followed the Dark God thrive in hidden places where the light of truth does not shine. Chief among these followers is Mallyx the Unyielding, a great and terrible Margonite leader who tamed hordes of demons in his dark lord's service. Mallyx has now fallen back to his Ebony Citadel within the Domain of Anguish, where he plots to usurp the powers of the gods and sit upon his dark master's throne.
- Mallyx has rallied the last remnants of the Margonite army along with their greatest surviving leaders. In addition, vast hordes of demons, titans, and other vile creatures have all flocked to his unholy banner. Only the bravest of heroes may halt Mallyx's rebellion. If you are worthy, then scour the Domain of Anguish and cast down this would-be usurper.
- Meet me at the Gates of Anguish and I shall tell you more of what lies ahead, and show you how the last shreds of the Dark God's power may yet be crushed.
How to get there[edit | edit source]
The Domain of Anguish is a sub-region of the Realm of Torment, but even though some of the other gates are visible at a distance, there is no direct connection within the realm. Once unlocked it appears on the Realm of Torment map (at the bottom center) and players may map travel to it.
The only way to enter the Domain of Anguish initially is via the Chantry of Secrets. In the Chantry there is a restricted area behind a gate blocked by a Guardian of Whispers. Only people who have defeated Abaddon in the Abaddon's Gate mission are granted access by the guardian. Within the area there is a statue of the Goddess of Truth. At this statue players may summon the Seer of Truth, who teleports players to the Gate of Anguish. This can be done by typing /kneel command in front of the statue.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Gate of Anguish (Outpost)
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Chaplain Phyratyss: Finding a Purpose
- High Priest Zhellix: Mallyx the Unyielding (Difficulty: Master)
- Voice of Whispers: To the Rescue! (Difficulty: Master)
- Warden of Whispers: The Rifts Between Us
- Voice of Whispers: Deathbringer Company
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Domain of Anguish is an elite area, meaning it is much harder than any other part of its respective campaign, Guild Wars Nightfall. The area is meant as a challenge and will be hard for people who had trouble with the regular areas of the game. It features very high level mobs, and players have to operate while constantly under the effect of restrictive environmental effects. Any party that does not take time to get organized with a well thought out team build and strategy will probably get wiped out fairly quickly.
- Most monsters carry the skill Enraged, which causes them to do more damage the lower health they have.
- Instead of Enraged, torment creatures carry Call to the Torment, allowing them to spawn a copy of themselves when below a certain amount of health.
- Foes using Enraged and Call to the Torment means using AoE damage against these mobs can be counter-productive, so contrary to PvE tactics in most areas, spike-oriented teams may be more effective.
- There are no Henchmen in the Domain of Anguish, although Heroes are allowed.
- The Domain of Anguish was added to Nightfall in the December 1, 2006 update.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- - The Scribe (December 14, 2006) The Foundry of Failed Creations and the Stygian Veil
-  - The Scribe (December 7, 2006) survival tips
-  - Official Website (28 November 2006) announcement "Special Weekend: Domain of Anguish Opens"
-  - The Scribe (November 23, 2006) telling about a "Hidden Region"
-  - The Scribe (November 16, 2006) telling about a "Mission for the Elite"