GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Droknar's Forge run
|This article is about the PvE Glossary definition of the Droknar's Forge run and any other terms relating to this category. For a full walk-through on what is involved in completing the Run, see Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge.|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Droknar's Forge run, or more commonly Drok's Run, is the most popular run in the game. Named after its destination, Droknar's Forge, the route is the only way to get to the Southern Shiverpeaks without going through the laborious process of Ascension, skipping nearly three quarters of the Prophecies campaign.
The run begins at Beacon's Perch, passing south through Lornar's Pass, Dreadnought's Drift, and Snake Dance, to reach the first and only outpost encountered in the run, Camp Rankor. The route continues through Talus Chute to finally reach Droknar's Forge.
Reasons for choosing to get run to Droknar's Forge[edit | edit source]
Players who get a Drok's run for their characters are typically interested in one of the following:
- Skipping nearly three-quarters of the Prophecies campaign;
- Purchasing max armor early in the campaign;
- Saving time and/or money in capturing Prophecies-only Elite skills (instead of using Elite Tomes, which is not always possible).
- Catching up to Nicholas the Traveler
- Access to festival collectors and quests during Halloween and Wintersday
Nerfs and Buffs[edit | edit source]
Over the years, ANet has made it more difficult to travel between Beacon's Perch and Droknar's Forge. Skills have been changed, foes have been buffed, patrols have been altered, and obstacles have been added — each with the goal of increasing the risk to shortcut the main quest line in Prophecies. On the whole, superior runners have met this challenge by getting better, some reaching Drok's in less than 15 minutes.
Risk to Survivors[edit | edit source]
The Drok's run can be risky careless or unaware people attempting to reach the title of Survivor. If you are a survivor, make sure to tell the runner and listen to the runner's instructions to ensure your safety.
Alternatives to Drok's Run[edit | edit source]
Alternatively, players might doing the follow runs to 'almost' reach droks:
- Lion's Arch to Sanctum Cay — nearly any character with heroes can walk this route.
- Running Sanctum Cay Mission — also easy with heroes.
- Amnoon Oasis to "Desert Tour" — this also unlocks all the desert outposts.
Complete Walk-Through[edit | edit source]
- For an exhaustive guide on Performing the Droks Run, see Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge