GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
A dungeon is an underground area within the Depths of Tyria that usually requires an associated quest to fully explore. Dungeons consist of one to five levels and share common characteristics that differ from other explorable areas in the game.
- All dungeons have an associated, repeatable quest. Most require that all members have the quest or certain doors in the dungeon will be sealed, preventing the party from moving forward.
- There are two versions of the Heart of the Shiverpeaks:
- Two dungeons cannot be entered without the relevant quest: Fronis Irontoe's Lair and Cathedral of Flames.
- Dungeons with multiple levels must be completed in sequence: reaching the deepest section always requires navigating any upper levels.
- Defeating the final dungeon boss spawns a Dungeon chest, which can drop unique items and gold items with skins that are unique to the dungeon.
List of dungeons
- Arachni's Haunt
- Bloodstone Caves
- Bogroot Growths
- Catacombs of Kathandrax
- Cathedral of Flames
- Darkrime Delves
- Fronis Irontoe's Lair
- Frostmaw's Burrows
- Heart of the Shiverpeaks
- Oola's Lab
- Ooze Pit
- Raven's Point
- Rragar's Menagerie
- Secret Lair of the Snowmen
- Sepulchre of Dragrimmar
- Shards of Orr
- Slavers' Exile (Elite), which requires completing four subdungeons:
- Vloxen Excavations
Dungeon reward chests and Reputation Points received for completion
These dungeon reward chests are the only source of the listed weapons: <section begin=List of dungeons />
<section end=List of dungeons />
In addition, these items are available from reward chests in multiple dungeons:
- Technically, dungeons are a series of chained instances that are programmatically similar to any outdoor area.
- Completing the dungeon is equivalent to completing the quest.
- Dungeons are marked on the World Map with the following icons:
- A dungeon that has not been completed (Normal Mode).
- File:DungeonIncompleteHMIcon.png A dungeon that has not been completed (Hard Mode).
- A dungeon that has been completed.
- Several dungeons have elements resembling levels in the Legend of Zelda series.