GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
An effect is anything that shows up in the Effects Monitor. While this broad definition covers such standard equippable skill types as Enchantment Spells and Stances, the term usually applies only to those effects that are not equippable skills.
Classification[edit | edit source]
Effects can be divided into a number of categories based on their source and/or function:
- Effects (category)
- Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories.
- Blessings (category)
- Generally obtained from Avatars of the Gods for a small payment of gold.
- Bundle effects (category)
- Applied to creatures either holding or within a certain range of a bundle item.
- Conditions (category)
- Negative effects, can be applied by many skills or as a result of an environmental effect.
- Consumable effects (category)
- Granted to a character for using a consumable item.
- Disguises (category)
- Change a character's appearance, usually mission- or quest-specific.
- Environment Effects (category)
- Caused by specific terrain, sometimes covers an entire instance.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Most effects cannot be removed through normal means. This means that unless an effect has a specific duration, it will last until the character leaves the instance.