GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
For information about the focus item, see Ominous Eidolon.
Description[edit | edit source]
Eidolons are hovering creatures resembling a floating octopus. They are always elementalists. The Seer in the Iron Mines of Moladune describes the Eidolon as a creature of "malice and shade" having a natural defense against Spectral Agony, the racial skill of the Mursaat. When killed, the Eidolon drops a Spectral Essence that the Seer uses to infuse the Eidolon's natural defenses into the armor worn by the players, thus giving them a fighting chance against the Mursaat.
It is unknown why the Eidolons are able to resist the Mursaat, whether it be by accident, breeding, or evolutionary adaptation due to common origin (the Eidolon in the Ring of Fire mission is "maintained" by the Mursaat). Neither should one trust the Seer's word that the Eidolons are evil creatures, for no one knows where the Seers stand to begin with.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Southern Shiverpeaks
- Ring of Fire Islands
Skills used[edit | edit source]
Items dropped[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most Phantoms, Eidolons are fleshy creatures.
- A creature identical to the Eidolon (except in name: this one is called "Ice Beast") can be found in the cave in the northeastern corner of Mineral Springs. The Ice Beast also drops spectral essence and close to it is a Seer that infuses armor.
- "Eidolon" is an archaic word meaning "phantom" or "ideal".
- "Eidolon" comes from the greek word: Ειδωλον which means spirit
- Eidolon has 65 armor vs fire damage.
- In Hard Mode Eidolons have the ability to maintain Mist Form indefinitely if it is not interrupted or removed.