GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Enchantments can give a variety of positive effects, such as an increase in armor, a reduction in Energy cost, or even converting damage into healing. As they are spells, enchantments are only available to casting professions. In addition to standard enchantments, there are two subcategories of that each have specific properties.
- Maintained Enchantments — These enchantments last as long as the caster has enough energy to cover the upkeep cost of -1 pips of energy regeneration and the target remains within radar range of the caster.
- Flash Enchantments — These enchantments cast instantly, even while performing another action. They are unique to the Dervishes.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
It is usually easy to visually tell when characters are enchanted because many enchantments display a white ring around the torso of the affected character, with a revolving icon indicating the profession of the caster. A golden up-arrow at the end of a character's health bar also indicates the presence of an enchantment. A player can determine the enchantments affecting them by looking at the Effects Monitor, normally located in the top left of the screen. Enchantments are indicated by the same golden up-arrow as displayed on the health bar. Dervish enchantments have a blue background rather than the standard green coloration.
Enchantment length[edit | edit source]
Enchantments placed on a target will either last for a specific time (like Aura of Restoration), until a condition is met (like Illusion of Weakness) or will last as long as the caster maintains the upkeep cost of -1 pips of energy regeneration (like Life Barrier). Maintained enchantments will end if the distance between the enchanted target and the caster ever becomes greater than the radar range. Certain enchantments can be renewed without being recast, such as Critical Defenses.
Non-maintained enchantments can be extended by using a weapon upgrade "of enchanting." Blessed Aura and Extend Enchantments can also extend enchantment durations, as well as several Environment Effects.
Particularly with Dervish enchantments, some enchantments trigger effects when they end. These effects will trigger if an enchantment's duration expires or if the enchantment is removed, but they will not trigger if an enchantment is reapplied before it is removed.
Enchantment stacking[edit | edit source]
As a basic rule, you can't have multiple copies of the same enchantment active, but you can have multiple enchantments of several types active at once.
Maintained enchantments[edit | edit source]
When an ally casts a maintained enchantment on a target and other allies cast the same maintained enchantment on the same target, the following happens:
- The enchantment ends when all maintainers stop maintaining it, or when an enchantment removing spell destroys it, in that case all maintainers stop maintaining it.
- The enchantment effect on the target is determined by the stats of the maintainer with the highest attribute investment i.e. when two players cast Life Barrier on a target, one reducing damage by 50% and the other by 52%, damage on target is reduced by 52%.
- The enchantment effect on casters works for each caster independently; thus Essence Bond will give energy to everyone who maintains it on a target when the target is being hit, and Life Bond will damage everyone maintaining it when the target is hit, but each maintainer's damage is reduced by the amount which is determined by his investment in Protection Prayers.
- The end effect of a maintained enchantment can trigger multiple times if multiple people cast it on the same target.
Non-maintained enchantments[edit | edit source]
- When two copies of the same enchantment are cast on a target, the duration is reset to the higher duration of the two; either to the remaining duration of the already active enchantment, or to the longer duration of the new enchantment.
- When a weaker enchantment is cast over a stronger enchantment, the effect of the stronger enchantment lasts as long as the stronger enchantment lasts.
Related skills[edit | edit source]
For a list of skills that can remove enchantments, see enchantment removal skills quick reference.
These skills involve enchantments in other ways:
- Magehunter's Smash (elite) Causes knock-down. Unblockable if target foe is enchanted.
- Magehunter Strike (elite) attack cannot be blocked if target foe is enchanted.
- Melandru's Arrows (elite) deals more damage to enchanted foes.
- Melandru's Assault (PvP) deals extra damage to an enchanted foe and adjacent foes.
- Nature's Renewal increases casting time and upkeep costs of enchantments while within range.
- Symbiosis increases maximum health of each creature for each enchantment on them.
- Tranquility causes enchantments cast by non-spirit creatures to expire sooner.
- Air of Enchantment (elite) makes enchantments cast on target other ally cost less energy to cast.
- Blessed Aura makes your monk enchantments last longer.
- Blessed Signet gives energy for each maintained enchantment.
- Contemplation of Purity removes enchantments from its user and for each: gives health, removes a hex, and removes a condition.
- Dwayna's Kiss heals other ally more for each enchantment.
- Healing Light (elite) caster gains energy if target was enchanted.
- Release Enchantments caster loses all enchantments and and heals entire party for each monk enchantment lost.
- Signet of Mystic Wrath target foe takes holy damage for each enchantment on you.
- Scourge Enchantment whenever hexed foe is the target of an enchantment, the caster of that enchantment takes damage.
- Defile Enchantments/Desecrate Enchantments deals extra damage for each enchantment on foes.
- Discord (elite) deals damage only if foe is affected by a condition as well as an enchantment or hex.
- Pain of Disenchantment (elite) deals damage whenever foe gets disenchanted.
- Soul Barbs deals damage when foe gets enchanted.
- Enchanter's Conundrum (elite) increases casting time of hexed foe's enchantments, when it is applied it damages the foe if the foe is not enchanted.
- Air of Disenchantment target foe and adjacent foes cast enchantments slower, after 10 seconds all affected foes lose one enchantment.
- Hex Eater Vortex (elite) if it removes a hex from target ally, all foes near that ally take damage and lose one enchantment.
- Mirror of Disenchantment remove one enchantment from target foe, all the foe's party members lose that same enchantment
- Chain Lightning user suffers from exhaustion if not enchanted.
- Invoke Lightning (elite) user suffers from exhaustion if not enchanted.
- Ether Prodigy (elite) removes all enchantments from its user.
- Ether Renewal (elite) gives its user energy and life for each enchantment.
- Magnetic Surge deals more damage if target foe is enchanted.
- Vapor Blade deals half damage if foe is enchanted.
- Golden Fang Strike inflicts Deep Wound if user is enchanted.
- Golden Fox Strike is unblockable if user is enchanted.
- Golden Lotus Strike gives energy if user is enchanted.
- Golden Phoenix Strike misses unless user is enchanted.
- Shadow Shroud (elite) makes foe unable to be enchanted.
- Mark of Insecurity makes enchantments and stances expire faster.
- Brutal Weapon deals extra damage if bearer is not enchanted.
- Godspeed increase speed while enchanted.
- Swift Javelin attack cannot be blocked and moves twice as fast if user is enchanted.
- Aura Slicer causes bleeding if caster or target are enchanted.
- Extend Enchantments doubles enchantment duration, but removes all enchantments at end and right after casting.
- Arcane Zeal (elite) gives the user 1 energy for each enchantment on them whenever they cast a spell.
- Pious Renewal (elite) gain health and energy whenever an enchantment ends on user.
- Signet of Mystic Speed gives a +15% speed boost for each enchantment the user is affected by, up to 33% faster movement.
- Enchanted Haste you move 25% faster while enchanted.
- Whirling Charge you move and attack 25% faster, but ends immediately if not enchanted.