GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Encrypted Charr Battle Plans
|Encrypted Charr Battle Plans|
Encrypted Charr Battle Plans are items that can be found in Guild Wars: Eye of the North. Any Charr in explorable areas of the Charr Homelands can drop one. Double clicking them reveals a version of encrypted text.
When one speaks with Captain Langmar (outside Longeye's Ledge) she says, "If you find any Charr battle plans, tell me immediately. We can decode them to figure out their next moves." She will also give you a Charr Battle Plan Decoder, and finding the correct decoding method will make a message come out. Each Set of Plans leads to one of the three Special Ops Quests.
- Captain Langmar: "The Charr leaders often send runners to the front lines to communicate their battle plans with field commanders. These messages are encoded, but thanks to the diligent work of Artificer Mullenix, we've cracked three of their major encoding techniques. If you ever find any encoded Charr battle plans, bring them to me to get a decoder. We'll figure out what those beasts are up to and put a stop to it."
Messages[edit | edit source]
There are 3 messages, and each message can only be correctly decrypted using the same decryption method each time.
- "Send three companies to Dragon's Gullet to stage wall breach under full moon."
- can be correctly decrypted using the Polyalphabetic Cipher
- "Remnants of human forces discovered in Grendich Courthouse. Send forces to intercept."
- can be correctly decrypted using the Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- "Arrange Legion command unit arrival at the Flame Temple Corridor within one fortnight."
- can be correctly decrypted using the Reverse Alphanumeric Cipher
Quests[edit | edit source]
Special Ops Overview
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once you use the decoder and accept the quest, the battle plan as well as the decoder will be removed by Captain Langmar and you will be transported to the quest location. Make sure your party is prepared, if you happen to fail the quest, you will not be able to restart it without obtaining a new set of Battle Plans for it.
- Each of the three quests is repeatable, provided you obtain a new set of plans for the specific quest.
- Each Battle Plan can be decoded and removed from the decoder. The decoded message will not change if the Plans are decoded again by the same player, or traded to another, but the inventory item for each Plan is identical, so multiple Plans must be kept separate if you wish to remember which decodes to what message.