Overview[edit | edit source]
- Deliver a Melandru's Stalker to Nente.
- Return to Master Ranger Nente for your reward.
- "Before the Searing many of Melandru's Stalkers roamed the land. Now these great cats are nearing extinction, and if we are to know the true extent to which their population has been decimated I must keep an accurate count of them. If you can find and tame one of these beasts using the Charm Animal skill or if you already have one as a companion, bring it to me that I may update my current tally."
- Accept: "I will bring you a Stalker."
- Reject: "Perhaps another time."
- "To tame one of Melandru's Stalkers is no mean feat. Well done, my friend, well done. It is good to see that there are still some who strive to preserve the natural balance."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
If you already have a charmed Stalker you don't have to bother searching for one; just speak to Nente again after receiving the quest. If you have some other type of pet, you will have to visit Jarrel the Tamer to get rid of it before you can charm a Stalker. There is only one area in post-Searing Ascalon where you can find the Stalker. Go west past Nente toward the Breach. The Stalker can be found a little south of the gate with guards. You can find it next to the NPCs you locate in the Family Ties quest. As with charming any pet, the Stalker will attack you once you begin using charm animal. The area is also full of devourers and sprouts, so make sure to approach slowly and clear the mobs that pop up.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You get to keep the Melandru's Stalker after finishing this quest.
- If you already have a different pet, you might consider skipping this quest so you don't have to start over with a new, low-level pet.
- Three of the skills from this quest are available as rewards in Pre-Searing, and the fourth, Hunter's Shot, is available in Yak's Bend.
- Even though this quest offers Charm Animal as a reward, you can't complete it unless you already have Charm Animal.
- A Melandru's Stalker tamed by a hero, or one from the Zaishen Menagerie, cannot be used to complete this quest.