|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
Ettin's Back is named after the high plateau in the center of the area that rises like the humped back of an Ettin. There are, however, no Ettins in the area. Instead, one finds plenty of other monsters in this dry area in the jungle which is similar to the Sage Lands. In the western portion of the region, Maguuma Centaur patrols surround the entrance to the only outpost in the area, Ventari's Refuge. As one approaches Aurora Glade in the east, the landscape shifts more towards the verdant jungles seen of lower Maguuma. Aside from that, there are three separate armor collectors in this area.
Exits[edit | edit source]
Towns and Outposts[edit | edit source]
Explorable areas[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Armor Collectors:
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Centaurs: Around Ventari's Refuge, around the northern entrance and in the western parts.
- Devourers: Throughout most of the area. Burrowed groups are very frequent heading east from Ventari's place.
- Plants: Throughout the central area and heading east.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Pets[edit | edit source]
- 5 Warthog
Quests[edit | edit source]
Ettin's Back[edit | edit source]
- Councilor Vaylor: Urgent Warning (Primary Quest)
- Councilor Vaylor: White Mantle Wrath: A Helping Hand (Primary Quest)
- Deep Root: Dropping Eaves
- Deep Root: Blood And Smoke
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vanquishers must defeat 144-221 foes in this area.
- This area features many patrols and pop-up groups, including several pop-ups of 6-8 Thorn Devourers. Careful and cautious pulling is important here.