GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Even Closer to the Edge
Overview[edit | edit source]
- First the Jade Brotherhood, and now the Am Fah! It seems a group of them has headed into the Luxon lands. Gyala Hatchery, to be precise. The Ministry of Purity is in pursuit of them. Given what you discovered last time, I don't doubt that this is of importance as well, and it's something that I ask you to put a stop to.
- I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've got a very bad feeling that there's something more to all of this.
- Accept: I'll end this before anything can come of it.
- Reject: That's pretty far away. I'm going to stay here for now.
- When asked about quest: The Am Fah were seen heading to Gyala Hatchery, with the Ministry of Purity tailing them. We need you to make sure no ill comes of it.
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: ... we've got so much in common. You're pirates, we're thieves. You've got giant crabs, and we've got... No, more importantly, we've got a shared enemy.
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: The Ministry of Purity sees fit to pass judgment on those they feel fall outside of what a Canthan should be. You know as well as I do how they see you.
- Luxon Diplomat: So what if they do? There are many in Cantha that shun us, and our way of life. We've lived proudly thus far. Why should that change?
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: Because they won't just ignore you the way that the Emperor does. They will either see you assimilated, or destroyed. Neither of those sounds very appealing to free spirits like ourselves, now does it?
- Initiate Jeng Sunjoo: I think you've said quite enough. It is easier for a criminal to blame justice than to face their own deficiencies. Your words only incriminate yourselves to all that would listen. You even stand in the company of one known to be a traitor.
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: And as promised, they have arrived. Ask yourselves this! How long do you truly believe that you can avoid them? This moment is only the beginning!
- Luxon Diplomat: We shall not be used as pawns by either of you. The Luxon Armada has no interest in your war!
- Ajun Xi, Deft Blade: We'll see how your elders feel about our war once they realize it has arrived on their doorstep! Your heads, courtesy of the Ministry of Purity, should do the trick.
- Initiate Jeng Sunjoo: Enough! Deal with them! We shall show them what happens to criminals and those who conspire with them!
- Luxon Diplomat: There's too many of them! We must hold out!
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Luxon Diplomat: We owe you our thanks for what you've done here. But this has been a troubling encounter for us.
- Luxon Diplomat: The Luxons do not wish to be engaged in matters of the empire... but I wonder how much longer those days can truly last.
- First the Jade Brotherhood tries to draw the Kurzicks into the conflict. Then the Am Fah try to draw in the Luxons. What's their angle in all of this? These are unusual movements... even for those two groups. This isn't sitting very well with me, friend.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Approach from Leviathan Pits, entering into Gyala Hatchery and proceeding toward the quest marker. As in the previous quest, protect the three diplomats while defeating the foes. Minion masters are again useful in providing targets for the foes to attack instead of the diplomats.