GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Favor of the Gods
|This article is about the general game mechanic. For the blessing of the same name, see Favor of the Gods (blessing).|
Benefits of favor[edit | edit source]
- In some cases, these avatars have quests to offer such as the Avatar of Dwayna (NPC) in Sardelac Sanitarium and Druid's Overlook.
- In explorable areas, you can make an offering, enabling you to receive a Blessing.
- In three outposts, the Champion of Balthazar will offer to take your party to the Fissure of Woe and the Avatar of Grenth will offer to send you to The Underworld.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
There are a few ways to tell if the world has the Favor of the Gods:
- In the chat window, the message "The gods have blessed the world with their favor" will appear as soon as the favor is granted.
- The command /favor will tell you how many minutes of favor remain or how many achievements must be reached before favor is granted.
- Statues of the gods will display differently when the world has favor. (See God's statue for complete description).
Granting favor[edit | edit source]
Favor is granted after players maximize their rank in twenty titles; there is no time limit to reach this. After earning 20 achievements, the gods will grant 60 minutes of favor and an additional three minutes for each additional achievement.
Achievements eligible for favor[edit | edit source]
The titles counting for favor are:
Campaign Account-based Character-based Core Prophecies
- Faction Allegiance (2 Titles)
Eye of the North Each Campaign
What happens when favor has expired?[edit | edit source]
When the duration has expired, the world loses the Favor of the Gods. If you are near a statue, you will hear a loud crack and the statue will go back to its dim state.
- Players in the Realms of the Gods will not be thrown out.
- Blessings granted while the world had favor will not end prematurely.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Favor is capped at 35,000 minutes (approximately 24 days).
Historical notes[edit | edit source]
- Since the November 13th 2008 update, both Party Animal and Kind Of A Big Deal contribute to gaining The Favor of the Gods, while Sunspear rank and Lightbringer rank no longer contribute.
- Since the June 11th 2009 update both Treasure Hunter and Wisdom contribute to gaining The Favor of the Gods.
- Previously, favor was granted on a per-territory basis, depending on the achievements in America, Europe, Korea, Japan, and Taiwan/Macao/Hong Kong.
- At one time, if favor exceeded 37,767 minutes, it caused an error (probably caused by its representation as a two-byte, signed integer), which made it seem as if favor would last a negative number of minutes. This was first seen during the bonus weekend of January 18, 2008, in which lots of players were maximizing their Legendary Spearmarshal and Holy Lightbringer titles. Early morning January 20th saw the Favor counter overflow and reset to 0.