GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Fighting in a Winter Wonderland
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Report to the Battlefield.
- Destroy the Beacon of Grenth.
- Destroy the Beacon of Balthazar.
- Bonus Objective: Destroy all the Opposing Champions.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 30 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 20 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the Battle in under 10 minutes.
- Depends on bonus objectives completed
- "The Priests of Balthazar are quite upset, it seems. They sense grave danger on the horizon, and while we have sensed this as well, we do not feel that crushing the spirit of the local population is the best way to prepare. Of course, the Priests of Balthazar have been less than receptive of our alternate solutions.
- "Against our better judgment, we have agreed to meet them in battle with all the forces we can muster, so we can show the residents of Tyria once and for all that, with hope and camaraderie, we can survive anything. If you wish to serve Dwayna and Melandru, speak with Melandru's Watcher. Should you wish to join forces with Grenth and Balthazar, you should speak with the Champion of Balthazar. Both can be found in either the Temple of the Ages or the Chantry of Secrets."
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Foes[edit | edit source]
- 26 (32) Beacon of Balthazar (Uses no skills)
- 15 (25) Eternal Warrior
- 24 (30) General of Balthazar
- 15 (25) Eternal Ranger
- 15 (25) Humbug
- 15 (25) Eternal Monk
- 26 (32) Beacon of Grenth (Uses no skills)
- 15 (25) Eternal Necromancer
- 15 (25) Voice of Grenth
- 24 (30) General of Grenth
- 15 (25) Mind of Grenth
- 15 (25) Bruiser Grentch
- 15 (25) Eternal Elementalist
- 15 (25) Chill of Grenth
- 15 (25) Shepherd of Grenth
- 15 (25) Eternal Paragon
- 15 (25) Harvester Grentch
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- 24 (30) Champion of Balthazar (Wintersday) (Uses snowball skills)
- 24 (30) Champion of Grenth (Uses snowball skills)
Allies[edit | edit source]
- 15 (25) Jingle Bear
- 24 (30) Champion of Melandru
- 26 (32) Beacon of Melandru
- 15 (25) Jingle Moa
- 24 (30) General of Melandru
- 15 (25) Bustling Snowman
- 24 (30) Champion of Dwayna
- 26 (32) Beacon of Dwayna
- 24 (30) General of Dwayna
- 15 (25) Cordial Snowman
- 15 (25) Glimmering Snowman
- 15 (25) Festive Iboga
- 15 (25) Merry Jacaranda
- 15 (25) Chilled Snowman
- 15 (25) Melandru's Stalker
- 15 (25) Melandru's Watcher
- 15 (25) Industrious Snowman
- 15 (25) Blessed Snowman
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
While in this quest, your skill bar is replaced with Snow fighting skills.
Enemies keep spawning until the Beacon they spawn from is destroyed. There are two beacons to destroy.
Some general tips:
- Ice Fort is an enchantment, so bringing a +20% enchantment mod can help.
- The generals, champions, and beacons all count as spirits, as such cannot be hexed and are immune to the available conditions.
- Avoiding groups and aiming for the beacons is a way to complete this quest quickly. A team doing this may complete in under 7 minutes.
- Once one beacon is defeated, it is usually becomes easy to defeat the second beacon, as your reinforcements outnumber the opposing forces 2 to 1.
- The defeat of a Champion or General gives a morale boost and recharges skills. This can be of use as these foes can use blizzard on you, giving you a free recharge of a prot skill that you may need to survive the duration effects of blizzard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because Yuletide causes all players and heroes to have the same stats, low level heroes can quickly gain experience by killing the large number of enemies. This is particularly effective in hard mode.
- The quest takes place in The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods, which is located in the same area as Anvil Rock.
See also[edit | edit source]
- The quest to fight on the other side is Operation: Crush Spirits.