GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Locate Guardsman Jinnai.
- Defeat the attacking Ministry of Purity forces. Jinnai has placed traps in the area that will aid you.
- See Miku for your reward.
- Time is tight. We need to get to Jinnai before the Ministry of Purity does. Whatever he knows, it's dangerous enough to Reiko that she has the Ministry hunting him down. If they find him first, that knowledge dies with him... and I know it's something we need.
- We had better go in prepared for a fight, though. I'd like to believe that we'll make it there first, but with our luck... you know, I'm just saying. Heh.
- Accept: Let's move!
- Reject: It's probably not as pressing as you think.
- When asked about quest: Jinnai should be holed up in the ruins out in the Kurzick lands. At least until he feels safe enough to move on again... or the Ministry of Purity get to him. Either way, not outcomes we want. Heh. We need to get to him as soon as possible. Just tell me when you're ready.
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Miku in Shenzun)
- Miku: It's good to see you again. How is the fight going on your end?
- <party leader>: It feels like struggling against a flood. The Ministry of Purity continues to gain momentum, and more people are rallying to their caus. At this rate, they just might cause another war with the Tengu.
- Miku: It's sad, isn't it? To see hope and fear so closely intertwined. People want a better life, but they don't want to better themselves. Instead, they will chase down anything that's held up before them as a scapegoat. The Afflicted, the gangs, and now the Tengu.
- Miku: All of this stems from Reiko. If she can be removed from power, and discredited, maybe the people will see the kind of person they've been following. Maybe they'll come back to their senses.
- Miku: Jinnai is the only person that knows the truth of what happened with Reiko and Ashu. If Reiko has done something to Ashu, then I can use that knowledge. Maybe it will get through to him. The people will listen to Ashu, and if he stands up to her...
- <party leader>: Then the people will follow him. Maybe we can stop this before it can do any more harm. The actions of today become the lessons of tomorrow... I fear to think what would happen if people follow the wrong ones. How do we get to Jinnai?
- Miku: Tracking down Jinnai has been difficult; he has gone into hiding ever since he apparently confronted Reiko. So there's some good news, and... there's some bad news.
- <party leader>: What's the good news?
- Miku: The good news is that I've been able to figure out where he's secreted himself away to.
- <party leader>: ...And the bad news?
- Miku: Heh. The Ministry of Purity's movements suggest that they're close to figuring it out as well. Their searches are getting closer. We need to get to him, and we need to get there first!
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (find Jinnai)
- Miku: Jinnai! We've finally found you!
- Guardsman Jinnai: Stay back! Wait... Miku? Is that you?
- Miku: Is there anyone else that could pull off this look like I do? Heh. Of course it's me. It's been a long time... and a long time spent tracking you down.
- Guardsman Jinnai: I've been in hiding for good reason. It's... becuase of your family. Because of your aunt. I had heard rumors that you had survived, but I never expected... Listen, there's something you need to know.
- Ministry Enforcer: That will be quite enough. Your knowledge dies with you, here, now. Killing the traitors, now that's just an added bonus.
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (after defeating the Ministry forces)
- Guardsman Jinnai: It's no longer safe here. I need to move on. This conflict is not my own; I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Listen, miku, this is something that you need to know.
- Guardsman Jinnai: Reiko didn't find your brother. He didn't miraculously survive, the way that she has been telling the people. He is not blessed by the gods.
- Guardsman Jinnai: I was the one that found him that day. That boy was bloody and torn, barely hanging on to life. The only miracle was that he was still breathing. We treated him, and I took him to Reiko... At the time, I believed she was the last surviving relative of your family.
- Guardsman Jinnai: She took the boy in... and things seemed normal at first. As time went on, however, her stories of his survival became more grandiose. Every time she told them, people listened. Their ideals wanted to listen to her message of hope. But for her, it was always about something more.
- Guardsman Jinnai: As time went on, Ashu began to change. He began to believe as she did. I can only imagine what she might have done to him, how that poor child had already been broken by this world. Blessed by the gods? What a sick joke. I've never seen anyone so cursed.
- Guardsman Jinnai: Do you understand now? It's a lie. All of it. She's been using Ashu to manipulate the people to further her own agenda. What frightens me the most is that I don't know where it ends. What sickens me is the knowledge that I could have prevented this. But now all I can do is run.
- Guardsman Jinnai: I'm not strong enough to face this, to face her. But maybe you are. For your family's sake, for your brother's sake. I'll have to trust that you will do the right thing... because this will be the last time that we speak. I don't intend to be found again. There'll be no peace for me, after what I've done.
- <party leader>: It all makes sense now. No wonder Reiko was so quick to order the Ministry of Purity to kill you. The proof of your existence is a threat to her fabrication of a "miraculous survivor of the Yuudachi family."
- <party leader>: If people begin to doubt her, then little by little, her base of power begins to erode. The faith of the people is her most dangerous asset.
- Miku: Reiko... I have no forgiveness for her. My blades acted out of vengeance, once. This time, they will act ouf of justice. For what she has done to my people, for what she has done to my brother. There is a very steep price to pay... and I intend on collecting.
Intermediate Dialogue 4 (Mikiu in Shenzun)
- Miku: To think that Reiko had been using Ashu from the start... To take advantage of a terrified child, to try and twist him into... I have no forgiveness for her. The score needs to be settled.
- <party leader>: What is your next move, then?
- Miku: I'm going to try and find a way that we can get at her. She's heavily under guard by the Ministry of Purity, but there must be a chance when we can get close. That will be our time to move.
- <party leader>: I'll speak with Qao Lin in the meantime, to see how things are progressing and what I can do to help.
- Miku: That's a good plan. We'll fight this battle together, on both fronts. With your help, I know that we can win this. I will send word to you when I've learned something. Until then, stay safe and fight well!
- It all makes sense now. To think that Reiko would do such a thing... I genuinely believed that I knew her as a better person. But the past always looks more inviting in the eyes of hindsight, doesn't it? I know there was nothing more I could have done, but some part of me feels responsible for this. But there's no use in losing myself in those thoughts; what matters is how I move forward. Reiko is going to pay for what she has done. That much, I promise.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note, that it does not matter if Jinnai or Miku die. They constantly respawn anyhow. However, if your party is wiped, you lose. Also, the enemies will find you no matter where you are, and no matter if you aggro them or not. Though some will stick to certain positions (such as the first group, which is originally friendly and turns hostile). You can use the teleporters to quickly move accross the map, which may help getting out of trouble fast. The traps/bombs that are mentioned do help, but it does not warrant running all over looking for them.
One good way to take care of the many groups that spawn, is to trigger Jinnai's dialogue (just approach him) and then immediately head for a small hill nearby to the northeast. Atop the hill there is what seems like a small graveyard. This hill makes for an excellent defendable point, and you should not leave it until you are certain there are no new spawns.
As long as you don't engage the groups that hurry past you, only a few groups at a time should find their way to where you are, giving you enough time to finish them off a bit at a time. It is very helpful to use minions and spirits to block their path up the stairs, while using skills and spells that do not require line of sight to obliterate the groups that assemble downstairs. Such as Searing Flames or Ray of Judgment.
The true advantage of this point however, is that it is one of the few places on the map where they cannot engage you from more than one direction! You cannot be attacked from behind. If you take your time and are patient, sooner or later no more enemies will be visible from your location. Most likely, some are still where Jinnai was originally. Take care not to move towards him too early, because he will then follow you and drag any and all enemies in his path to where you are.
This tactic has proven to work even in Hard Mode. In fact, it was originally created for it and may be excessive for most Normal Mode attempts.