GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Fire in the Hole
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Go to the place where the flame djinn was last seen.
- Hunt down and destroy the flame djinn.
- See Krak Flamewhip for your reward.
- Take Summit Slaves
- 1,500 XP
- "As if I don't have enough to worry about, one of them damn flame djinn has broken loose from the Iron Forgeman and is incinerating everything in sight! Head to where the flame djinn was last spotted, hunt it down, and destroy it. Or I'll make sure you're its next victim. Got it?"
- Accept: "I don't really have much choice, do I?"
- Reject: "I'm really busy right now."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Burnt Corpse)
- "The flame djinn has been here: these charred remains are barely recognizable as having once been a Stone Summit Dwarf."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Burnt Corpse)
- "It's the blackened corpse of a Dredge who ran afoul of the flame djinn. It must be nearby..."
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Burnt Corpse)
- "Another casualty of the flame djinn's rage... It's hard to tell what species this poor fellow was in life."
Intermediate Dialogue 4 (Burnt Corpse)
- "A fourth corpse charred beyond recognition, and still hot to the touch... the flame djinn can't be far now."
- "Good job, slave. Now get back to work, or I'll lay my whip to your hide!"
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The Flame Djinn uses a skill called Consuming Flames as a special attack, with Flourish to use it more frequently. The easiest and best way to slay the djinn is to get the entire party to stand adjacent to him and attack him. This means that each person will only take about 50 damage from Consuming Flames and the djinn only gains a maximum of about 50 health from it. If people split up, the damage can start taking out party members in single hits, and the djinn will heal itself too rapidly to kill it.
An alternate method for destroying this monster is to lure it down to where the giant pistons that slam the ground are located. It will die in a single crushing blow, but beware that your party will be killed just as easily by the crushers.
Tip: To help spread the damage even more, lure the djinn to the giants at the door in addition to having your party surround it.