GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Forced deaths occur whenever damage or health degeneration are not the cause of a character's health reaching zero. These deaths do not count towards the /death command count. In the past, a few of these (especially the cinematic deaths) were bugged and did count, but they have been fixed.
Examples[edit | edit source]
- Full-party deaths:
- Failing a Cooperative Mission (an allied NPC dying or a timer running out, etc.).
- The entire party using the /resign command.
- The entire party being "killed" during cinematics such as at the end of the Vizunah Square mission.
- The Resurrection Shrine demonstration during the tutorial quests (Mantid Hatchlings for Canthan characters and Rally the Recruits (Tutorial) for Elonian characters).
- Being "served" by Abaddon by dancing during the Abaddon's Gate misison.
- Deaths from Environmental Effects:
- Deaths in outposts:
- Being killed by Mad King Thorn during the Halloween finale events.
- Being killed by a Grentch during Wintersday.
- Being caught by a Lesser Grasp while carrying a Celestial Charge in Shing Jea Monastery during the Dragon Festival finale events.
- Being killed by the Mursaat that invaded Maguuma Stade during the Mursaat Rally.
Important Note[edit | edit source]
- Forced Deaths have been shown to res party members with an extremely low amount of hit points. However, there is a gap of approximately 1/4 of a second between a cutscene and zoning out where minions present have the opportunity to inflict damage thus killing you. This is not attributed to lag nor a bug; this is just how the game is built.
- As redudant as this may be, as the survivor guide states, if you are attempting to max the survivor track your best bet is to avoid any and all types of death.