GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Forest Minotaur Horn/Farming
2009-09-14: Forest Minotaur Horns[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Item: 2 Forest Minotaur Horns
Getting to Nick[edit | edit source]
Farming for Forest Minotaur Horns[edit | edit source]
- Suggested Farm #1: Exit the Temple of the Ages, heading southwest to a resurrection shrine, then south along a ridge which will force you to go to the East towards the Kessex Peak portal. As you approach the portal, you'll find about 12-18 of the Minotaurs with another 6-10 past the portal. Rezone through the portal.
Threats & Recommended Skills[edit | edit source]
- Tactics: Any anti-melee team will make short work of the minos. An especially effective method is to use a Tank to ball up the beasts and drop them quickly with strong AoE skills such as Meteor Shower.
- Threats: The minotaurs themselves are not much of a threat; they only have a strong melee attack. However, reaching them requires making your way through Reed Stalkers and various Undead, some of whom use Mark of Subversion.
- Recommended Skills: Bring counters to poison (from the swamps) and to hexes (from the Undead). Alternatively, you can bring 1-2 quick healing spells or spirits. Alternative, L20 players and heroes can ignore any non-minotaur foe and run (or walk quickly) to the farm and/or to Nick.
Solo Farming[edit | edit source]
- Run to the minotaurs (you should be able to safely ignore the few enemies on the way). For AoE builds, ball up as many minotaurs as you can before attacking.
- If your soloist has trouble reaching the minotaurs, bring a full h/h party to help you reach the spot and then flag the heroes out of loot range.
- These standard builds will be successful: 55 Spoil Victor, 600/Smite, 130 Dervish, Perma-Sliver, Spirit Spammer
- These non-standard/older builds also work well: Raptor Farmer, Raven Blessing.