GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Frosted Griffon Wing/Farming
2009-11-30: Frosted Griffon Wings[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Item: Frosted Griffon Wings
Getting to Nick[edit | edit source]
Farming for Frosted Griffon Wings[edit | edit source]
- Suggested Farm #1: Enter Snake Dance from Camp Rankor. Between 25–35 griffons can be found in the southwest corner of this area, interspersed with Azure Shadow pop-ups and Stone Summit Heretics.
Threats & Recommended Skills[edit | edit source]
- Threats: The griffons cast Spell Breaker frequently (beginning with their second or third spell), which causes casters to waste energy; the azures cast Signet of Judgment (SoJ), which causes knockdown.
- Tactics: The griffons can be easily handled by strong melee parties or by spellcasting teams that can interrupt the griffons before they cast Spell Breaker. Alternatively, casters can work around the spell shield through Area of Effect (AoE) skills that target other foes or allies and/or targeting nearby allies using non-targeted skills (e.g. Wells or Point Blank Area of Effect (PBAoE) skills). The Azures are easier to work-around, either by avoiding their SoJ, interrupting it, or bringing anti-knockdown skills.
- Recommended skills: Any successful melee builds are of great help against the griffons, especially those that remove enchantments, such as Expunge Enchantments or Rending Aura. Useful interrupts include the obvious Cry of Frustration and Cry of Pain and the less obvious Shame. Helpful non-targeted skills include Shockwave, Well of the Profane, Disenchantment, and Signet of Disenchantment.
Solo Farming[edit | edit source]
- 600 monks can farm the griffons easily in hard mode. While the griffons don't require any special tactics, you will have to watch out for the other foes.
- Azure Shadows can knock you down with Signet of Judgment, so watch them to see when they use it and time your spellcasting around it.
- Stone Summit Heretics have Shatter Enchantment, and they like to use it with Arcane Echo, which means they can strip a number of your enchantments quite quickly. Spell Breaker can block all of their spells, of course, but if it runs out, spam Spirit Bond as much as you can, and they hopefully won't be able to strip anything else.
- Spirit Spammers in Normal Mode can expect 2–6 wings using the suggested farm above.