GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Gallery completion project
Project[edit | edit source]
This is an ongoing effort to improve GuildWiki's armor galleries.
- Recently, a new image parameter called "Nohelmet = yes" was added to the armor art template
It enables showing an additional picture of a full dyed set without the helmet shown.
The purpose of this picture is to show how some sets that have headgear that hides hair and/or face look without the corresponding helmet.
- Many galleries are still incomplete or lack proper images
There are quite a few galleries that still have missing images for different views or fail to comply with the Style and formatting guidelines of GuildWiki and need updating badly.
How can I help?[edit | edit source]
- For coders
- Visit the Armor art gallery template and learn how to implement the new "Nohelmet = yes" parameter into galleries
- Look through the galleries and add this parameter to any armor set that has a helmet that hides face and/or hair and thus has a strong optical variance depending on whether the helmet is displayed or not. This includes basically all Warrior and Ritualist, most Dervish and some Ranger and Assassin armor.
- Look through the galleries and add the "Update-reason = <reason>" (replace <reason> with the proper reason) to armors:
- That lack specific images such as grey component views, dyed views, helmet views, etc., including the "No Helmet" image for sets that should use this parameter
- That have pictures which fail to comply with the Style and formatting guidelines of GuildWiki. This most notably includes pictures that were not taken on the Isle of the Nameless.
- For uploaders
- Carefully read the Style and formatting guidelines of GuildWiki first.
- Visit Category:Armor_galleries_needing_update to see which armor galleries need updates or look through them manually.
- If you can provide a screenshot compendium of a specific armor, please:
- If the images are missing: Click the red links in a specific gallery to upload the according image
- If the images need updating: Click on the according image and search for Upload a new version of this file, upload the updated image.
- When the updated gallery complies with the style and formatting guidelines, edit the armor gallery code and remove the "update-reason" parameter. If you do not know how to do this, please leave a notice on the talk page of this project here.