GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Update - Tuesday, March 18, 2008[edit | edit source]
Real-Money Trading[edit | edit source]
Today we are taking steps to further protect the game from abuse by real-money trading (RMT) companies. Please read our Policy on Real-Money Trading for more information on how and why we block real-money trading.
- We are adding the ability to block certain IP addresses from the game. In the coming days and weeks, we will be using this capability to block addresses of RMT companies that heavily abuse the game.
- We are also adding code to detect and block IP addresses that are running an open proxy, so that players cannot mask their real IP address by connecting to the game through an open proxy.
- To clarify our policy on blocking IP addresses from the game, we added the following line to section 7 of the User Agreement:
- NC Interactive may from time to time in its sole discretion implement various forms of filtering, blocking or monitoring of IP addresses or proxies used to use, play or access the Game(s) or the Service, including without limitation blocking or filtering measures that restrict your ability to use, play or access the Game(s) or Service outside of the territories in which NC Interactive makes the Game(s) or Service available.
- To combat a growing problem with account fraud, newly created accounts are now restricted from trading with other players within the first 24 hours after account creation. Please see today’s Dev Update for more information on this change.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug in the Fissure of Woe quest The Tower of Strength [sic] that sometimes caused one of the Shadow Patrol groups to spawn inside the tower.
GuildWiki Notes[edit | edit source]
- Players will need to re-accept the User Agreement that was modified March 2008.
- A second unannounced update was also included. This included the new User Agreement text which was missing in the first build.