GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Update 2 - Thursday, May 29, 2008[edit | edit source]
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed the alignment of the "Test My Computer" option on the login screen.
Update - Thursday, May 29, 2008[edit | edit source]
Support Features[edit | edit source]
Added the "Test My Computer" option to the login screen. Clicking this link launches a diagnostic test that measures:
- Adapter settings
- Network connections
- External address
- Server connectivity
- Network paths
- DirectX diagnostics
When the test is complete, click "View Results" to open a text file with a list of the testing results. These results are useful to diagnose connection and playability problems, and will lead to faster resolution of open support tickets. This file is saved to your root Guild Wars directory, which is by default located in C:\Program Files\Guild Wars on Windows XP, and C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Guild Wars on Windows Vista.
Added a hotkey combination to address a video problem where the screen resolution would sometimes get stuck in a higher mode than the computer could render. Holding down CTRL-ALT-SHIFT while launching Guild Wars will now reset the resolution to 800x600.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug that caused some disguise tonics to interact improperly with Junundu form in Guild Wars: Nightfall.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ranger skill Distracting Shot to not receive a damage increase from some Preparations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Paragon skill Cruel Spear to inflict Deep Wound even if it was blocked.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Paragon skill "Brace Yourself!" to not affect self-knockdowns, such as Grapple.
- Fixed a bug that caused skill templates that included PvP skills to become blank when the template name was changed.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Scrolls of Hero's Insight received from the Imperial Quartermaster in Kaineng Center will now appropriately stack with the same scrolls bought from scroll traders.
- Spafrod Iceblood in Sacnoth Valley now correctly drops his own green item instead of Lord Glacius' Staff.
- Sol Pyrrhus in Stingray Strand can now craft armor rating 51 Monk Pants.
- Updated the sale value of Tempered Glass Vials to match their crafting cost of 20 gold.
- Clay Bricks have been removed from all material crafter inventories.
GuildWiki notes[edit | edit source]
- The Diagnostic Utility was available even before this update, however not as a link in the Login screen, but a command line parameter (-diag). (More information at PlayNC Support.)
- The link to the Diagnostic Utility was misplaced. This was fixed in a second update.
- Running the computer test currently disables the login screen music until you log in with a character and log back out, go to character selection, or restart Guild Wars.