While their employer travels to gate in The Great Northern Wall, GMs travel to the lever. Some players choose to pay fees at this point, while some wait until they have zoned to The Northlands. After receiving payment, GMs are expected to map out (leaving the party).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the only portal in the game that requires two players to cross.
- It is impossible to reach the open gate after using the lever, no matter how many consumables you use to increase your speed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Typically, GMs charge 50 . Some employers offer far more (to encourage a speedy transition).
- Consider offering the service for free, as a way to meet other players or to receive tips (items or tactics).
- Advertise in the hunt or mission section of the trade window; LF GM or GM avail are typical.
- Agree upon fees before leaving Ascalon (as you would with any other trade or transaction).
- Employers: open the trade immediately after the gate is opened (and before zoning) to ensure the GM maps out.
- The term Presearing Community Gate Opener or PSCGO indicates someone who performs this duty for free, with the expectation that at some point you will do so (or have done so) for others.