Full: If target foe has more Health than you, you gain half the difference (up to your maximum Health), and that foe loses an equal amount. If this foe has less Health than you, you lose half the difference, and that foe gains an equal amount.
Concise: You gain Health equal to half the difference between you and target, and this foe loses an equal amount. If this foe has less Health than you, you lose half the difference and that foe gains an equal amount.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the North
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the caster's maximum health is low, then Grenth's Balance's maximum effect will be low because it only steals up to the caster's maximum health.
- Morale Boosts or Death Penalties have a high effect on Grenth's Balance because they can change maximum Health by anywhere from -60% to +10%.
- Hexes like Backfire will trigger after the target loses health, but before the caster gains health. This may cause the caster to end up with less health than expected.
Therefore Grenth's Balance is most effective when:
- The caster and the target have the highest possible maximum health. This can be achieved with Vigor and Vitae Runes, Survivor Insignia, weapons of fortitude, morale boosts, and various skills.
- The target is at maximum health, while the caster is near death. Skills that sacrifice health can be used.
- The target is high level. This is because a character's maximum health increases with their level.