News - Friday, August 10, 2007[edit | edit source]
GW:EN Press Event
ArenaNet recently hosted a slew of journalists at the offices in Bellevue. The reporters engaged in in-depth interviews, toured the studio, and got in a bit of hands-on of Guild Wars: Eye of the North. Here are links to some of the reports along with a few meaty comments from the authors:
- "ArenaNet has a stellar art department that's able to continually outdo itself with each successive release."
- "...they seem to have a pretty good handle on where they want the game to go. Based on what I experienced of the expansion pack, that's a pretty good place, indeed."
- "Though it is an expansion, Eye of the North should pack a full game's worth of content."
- "Ultimately, Eye of the North will serve as a bridge between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2..."
- "Guild Wars has always looked fantastic, and ArenaNet owes that to the absolutely insane art team they've got."
- "The focus is on the play experience. Give players the freedom to do what they want. Players who want a directed experience can grab quests and do that, folks who want to explore can go out and do that."
- Find much more on MMOGNation, as well, with Opening Thoughts, GW:EN Guided Tour, and Ben Miller Interview.
Return to Tyria Sweepstakes Winners Announced
For more news, see GuildWars.com news.