Looking for a way to improve the wiki? See the Improvement project!
Welcome to GuildWiki[edit source]
This page is used as a task list to keep our efforts in the wiki coordinated and help new contributors finding issues that need attendance. Additionally, this page's discussion page is used for discussions that affect the wiki in general.
Got a birthday?[edit source]
Seasonal Signatures[edit source]
You can customize your signature to contain an image that changes from time to time. See GuildWiki:Sigpic.
GuildWiki search for your browser[edit source]
|If you have a search box on your browser toolbar (for google or LiveSearch or ...), click the small triangle next to it and add GuildWiki to it NOW.|
GuildWiki IRC chat[edit source]
Did you know that GuildWiki now has an official IRC channel located at #gwiki ? It is a great place to chat with your fellow GuildWiki users. Get connected - it may be as easy as using your web browser - and meet us there! See you soon!
Too lazy to watch recent changes? Come to #cursewikisRC on Freenode to have bots report recent changes to you! (not for chatting)
Please view the tentative guidelines for GuildWiki:Projects. Many of these task lists would be better suited toward a project—further, this article could be reconstituted as a real community portal if projects are better defined. If you wish to create a project for any list below, please do so!
Completable Tasks[edit source]
These tasks have a well defined stopping point. The usual style is to indicate the subtasks with bullets, and strike them out as they are completed. Add new completable tasks to the bottom of this section.
Add Bosses that require Signet of Capture confirmation of skills in this category so other people can confirm them. Remember, RawDump is considered a form of SoC confirmation, just need to update the boss page, don't need an additional SoC check.
Update Collector rewards[edit source]
The Collector rewards page needs to be updated, as Elonian collectors/rewards are missing for the core classes and such.
- The weapons have Nightfall info. The armor articles still need to be updated.
War in Kryta[edit source]
We have missing and incomplete articles regarding the War in Kryta:
- Peacekeepers: The Peacekeepers, which were just added in a recent update need to be documented, pages need to be created, and builds need to be added. They seem to have different secondaries, so if they use an alternative build, add that too.
- New Items: There were a lot of new items added recently. Some of the relevant articles are missing or stubbed. See the relevant project page for where you could help.
- Missing Articles: There are some topics for which we haven't started articles.
- Stubbed articles: A number of the stubbed articles are newly started WiK pages that need finishing touches.
Perennial Tasks[edit source]
These are tasks that have no stop date. Usually, these are administrative tasks, or tasks that require collecting a potentially infinite amount of data. Add new perennial tasks to the bottom of this section.
Policy Formulation[edit source]
Please look at GuildWiki:Policy for suggested guidelines for proposing and changing policies, a more centralized way of tracking what is currently up for discussion, and a more up-to-date listing of GuildWiki policy.
Collect Boss/Mob Data[edit source]
- For each offensive skill the monster uses, record its damage on the talk page. If the damage does not ignore armor, record the armor the victim is wearing. Also note any enchantments or hexes that might have been in place.
- Wait for a damage-guru to back-solve the monster's rank in the relevant attribute.
Update Salvage Data Categories[edit source]
Update all categores which "Contain raw material" to include all items in the wiki and add new categories to cover all raw materials.
- I did my best to categorize all the item articles for which at least one material component is known. Yet, the vast majority of the items still need research on into which material they salvage (especially regarding rare materials), so there is still a long way to go. --MRA 16:20, 24 October 2006 (CDT)
- I'm currently working on salvaging large amounts of collectable and salvage items to "fill in the gaps," and I'll be moving on to weapons (and everything else) afterwards. Hopefully I'll have enough data to generate some meaningful statistics by the end of this summer. --Mesti 01:38, 7 March 2007 (CST)
Collect Data On The After Cast Of Skills[edit source]
- Skills like Aftershock have a time after the cast where you can not move nor cast. This is referred to as aftercast.
Data Collection For Drop Rate Research[edit source]
If you're farming out there and committing all kinds of crimes against computer-controlled monsters, take a moment to open a spread sheet and jot down the drops of the monsters you take down. See, the Drop rate article for what data to collect.
Furnish Missing Images[edit source]
- See Old image requests for old image requests
- See Style and formatting/Images for tips on making good screenshots.
Improve Spelling Quality[edit source]
- Help build GuildWiki:Misspellings and fix up all the pages linked to in there.
- Used to quickly notify sysops.