GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
GuildWiki:Interactive map project
Create interactive maps similar to Google Maps, etc, whereby people can search for specific bosses, enemies, etc, and have markers displayed on the map to show where they are. Users would be able to
- zoom the map in various levels to make navigating/finding a certain spot easy.
- see the locations of bosses, elite skills, collecters, and other important NPCs.
- filter the above by various means to see only the data they are interested in.
- upon click on a location marker, see basic information about the boss/skill/collecter/town, with a link to the correct Wiki page.
- within the wiki itself, see the location of each boss on the map on the article page itself.
- for mission/quest guides, use maps to hightlight certain spots and show routes.
Work so far[edit source]
- Google Map of Pre Searing Ascalon, showcasing Custom Projection, XML Loading, town/mission overlays.
- Photoshop script that will create a tile space for the Google Maps API from a map graphic, on as many zoom levels as possible.
- Google Map of Elona using the data from the script above. (currently offline, unknown if returning)