GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
GuildWiki talk:Archiving help
Archive naming[edit source]
I removed the note about the Game updates subpages because those are not technically archives, they are modular subpages. Unless you were going to archive your talkpage on a near-daily basis, that wouldn't be a very useful format. —Dr Ishmael 22:51, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- The GWW guide suggests that archives can be named by date. The monthly archive actually archives the page, and a monthly archive makes sense for a talk page as well. (I think Warwick archives more often than that, too - or used to, anyway).
- I chose the game updates example because a) I had no other example handy and b) I want to gently point new editors to look at how we archive those.
- Talk page example: User talk:Tetris L/Archive2005, User talk:Tetris L/Archive2006-1 --◄mendel► 23:29, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I would like to personally apologize for C/Ping this over from GWW. Some people and I created this over at GWW, and for some reason I had the misconception that since I created the first draft, it qualified under my licensing terms (which has three different licenses, including this one and the GFDL). I would also like to thank mendel for creating a new version of it that is licensed correctly, I do like this version as well. I did not mean to violate the copyright terms and I do apologize :). --Shadowphoenix 06:34, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Eh... what? --Shadowphoenix 08:22, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's not against licensing if the archive page points to where the contributer/revision data is. -User:PanSola (talk to the ) 00:24, 4 November 2008 (UTC)