The Guild Roster is the roster containing all guild members and guests. It includes the following information:
- Player names
- Player ranks (Leader, Officer, Member, or Guest)
- Last time each player was on logged in
Ranks[edit | edit source]
Leader[edit | edit source]
A Leader is the leader and, by default, founder of a guild, and has the most administrative powers. A guild can only have one leader at a time. A leader can do anything an officer can, in addition to the following:
- Demote and kick guild officers
- Change the guild's cape design
- Disband the guild (must be the only person in the guild)
- Promote someone else to leader (which demotes themselves to officer)
- Buy or change a Guild Hall
- Join/leave alliances
- If the leader chooses to leave their guild, then they must first promote somebody to leader before they can leave.
- If the leader has not logged on for two months, he or she will be replaced with the officer who is online the most often. If there are no officers in the guild, then the leader will be replaced by the member who is online the most often.
Officers[edit | edit source]
An Officer is a position of authority in a guild roster, able to make more responsible decisions than regular guild members, but not impose major changes on the guild structure. Officers can do anything a guild member can, in addition to the following:
- Make announcements
- Kick members (not officers) out of the guild
- Promote other members to officer
- Invite players to the guild
- Give guest status to visitors
- Add NPCs to the Guild Hall
- Authorize a rated GvG match by their presence.
Members[edit | edit source]
A Member is the lowest-ranking permanent member of a guild, who can enjoy the privileges that a guild provides, but not make any changes that affect the guild or other members. The only things a member can do are:
- Leave the guild
- Use guild and alliance chat
- Wear a guild cape
- Access the Guild Hall
- Participate in GvG battles
- Use Faction Transfer
- Access the exclusive area of a town or outpost
- Add NPCs to the Guild Hall
Guests[edit | edit source]
For 100 gold, a guild Leader or Officer can invite a guest to their guild. Guests can access that guild's Guild Hall and fight in GvG battles with that guild. However they won't see the guild chat of the guild they're a guest of. Guest invitations last between 8 and 16 hours and a guest will remain a member of their old guild (if they have one) while the invitation is active.
- Guests cannot view GvG battles for the guild they are guesting in observer mode, even if they participated in the battle.
- Guests from the opposing faction can enter Alliance Battles on the side of the guild they are guesting.
- Even during their guest period, guests do not enjoy any benefits provided by being a guild member (such as use of Kurzick/Luxon faction) other than those described above.
- Members of a guild which is part of an alliance have privileges in the other guilds of their alliance similar to those that guests would have in their own guild (with the exception that these privileges are permanent)
Using the Roster[edit | edit source]
Adding & Removing Members[edit | edit source]
If you are the leader or an officer, to invite a member, first open your guild window, by pressing G on your keyboard or by using the menu. The guild window shows the roster of officers and members, as well as their online/offline status and an approximate time showing when they were last online.
From there, simply type in the name of the person you wish to invite. If they are offline, it will send the invitation as soon as they log in. If they accept, they will show up in the guild roster as a member. Inviting members to a guild costs 100 .
If you should want to kick someone out of the guild for any reason, click on the icon to the left of their name in the guild window, and select "Kick [player name] out of guild." This process is not directly reversible; if you change your mind, you'll have to reinvite the member in question, which will cost you another 100 . You must be the leader to kick out officers.
It is generally considered bad form to ask your new recruit to pay the membership fee.
If your guild owns a Guild Hall, you can issue a "guest" invitation to a player for the same 100 fee. A guest invitation allows the player to compete on the side of your guild in Guild vs. Guild combat for up to 8 hours, after which the invitation expires. While someone is a guest of a guild, they still retain their membership to their true guild.
There is a guild cap of 100 members and officers, although guests can still be invited when at the cap.
Promoting & Demoting[edit | edit source]
To promote or demote a guild member, the guild leader use the menu found by clicking the icon next to their name on the roster. Officers can promote members to officers, but not demote other officers.
Quitting or Disbanding a Guild[edit | edit source]
You can leave your guild by clicking the icon next to your name on the guild roster and choosing "Leave Guild."
If you are the guild leader, you must first promote an officer or member to the position of guild leader before you're allowed to quit.
If, as guild leader, you wish to disband your guild entirely, you must first kick out every member individually. Once all members are removed, you can then click the icon next to your name, and select "Disband Guild".
- Note: Disbanding a guild will permanently erase all the guild's achievements, including guild rating, faction, and Guild Hall (together with any purchased NPCs)
Other Info[edit | edit source]
- If a player was admitted into the guild under a different character name than the name he/she is currently logged-in as, an "also known as" tooltip will be displayed when the mouse cursor is hovered on his/her name. Additional information displayed will be the last time the player has logged in, who they were invited by, and their promotion/demotion history.
- For GvG battles, at least one officer or leader is required to start the match. For the Guild Rating change for a GvG battle to apply to a certain guild, the majority of the players on one of the teams must be in that guild.