GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
|This article is about the common Hornbows which includes one with a skin that is often referred to as the Mursaat Hornbow. For the properly named Mursaat Hornbow from the Bonus Mission Pack, see Mursaat Bow.|
Description[edit | edit source]
The hornbow, like its cousins the Ivory Bow and Shadow Bow, has +10% armor penetration. The three variations of skins are commonly known as the "fleshy" hornbow, the dragon or serpent hornbow and the Mursaat hornbow. The latter is found as a drop from Mursaat or from chests in areas controlled by the Mursaat, like the Ring of Fire or Ice Floe. The hornbows available from Canthan collectors are of the "fleshy" variety. Dragon hornbows are common in Kryta, but also drop in the Fire Isles and in Elona.
Other bows with this appearance:
- "fleshy" / "bone" Hornbow
- "dragon" / "serpent" Hornbow
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the slow refire rate of the hornbow, it is highly recommended to use a stance like Lightning Reflexes or Tiger's Fury to increase the DPS.
- Hornbows also have a relatively high arc, so it is also recommended to use skills such as Read the Wind or Favorable Winds to reduce the arc, making the arrows more accurate.
- Hornbows are commonly used in Ranger spike teams, where the fire rate doesn't affect the spiking capability of a Dual Shot/Punishing Shot combo, and they get a 10% armor penetration for even more damage.
Dye[edit | edit source]
- The "fleshy" hornbow was once not able to be dyed. It is now confirmed, dye affects the whole bow.
- Dye affects the "dragon" hornbow normally, coloring everything. The plating near the grip is darker, with the heads and necks of the dragons being brighter.
- Dye affects the "mursaat" hornbow normally, coloring everything as well. This is dyed brown by default.
Location[edit | edit source]
These collectors offer a "fleshy" hornbow in exchange for certain items.