|Ilsundur, Lord of Fire
Ilsundur, Lord of Fire is an Elementalist Boss-like foe found in the Catacombs of Kathandrax dungeon.
- Two large rolling fireballs appear when this boss is aggroed; they will circle the upper and lower sections of the room. Standing in the center section (the same section Ilsundur is located) will allow you to avoid these balls.
- He sometimes sends you a Firebomb, which will explode 5 seconds after you receive it. You must drop away from your allies so that you and your team mates aren't hurt. (Henchmen don't know how to drop this bomb, so avoid them.) Heroes, however, can be ordered to drop it as if it were a Ritualist Item Spell, by clicking the "drop" button where the target lock button normally is.
- A Migraine Mesmer with interrupts and degeneration skills such as Conjure Nightmare is a good choice. In combination with a Broadhead Arrow ranger with interrupts, the boss's casting will be almost totally shut down.
- A Healer's Boon monk hero with Heal Area or Karei's Healing Circle does well in healing the backline while warriors engage at melee range.
- Because of Ilsundur's high damage AoE spells, Pain Inverter can be very effective.
- Life stealing is effective, since they bypass Shield of Fire.