GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
International Talk Like a Pirate Day
International Talk Like a Pirate Day is an in-game event, started in 2008, that coincides with the International Talk Like a Pirate Day campaign. Although the actual day occurs on September 19th, the Guild Wars event takes place on the weekend closest to September 19th.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- NPCs in port cities (see below) are reskinned as Corsairs during September 19th (Pacific time).
- All monsters have a chance of dropping a Bottle of Grog (in addition to their usual loot).
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
NPCs have be heard to say the following during the event:
- "Ahoy there, Cap'n Tightpants!"
- "Ahoy there, matey! This be a no-hornswogglin' zone."
- "Arr! Who be ye?"
- "Arrg! Silly landlubbers!"
- "Arrr! It's a pirate's life for me!"
- "Avast ye filthy land lubbers! Prepare to be boarded!"
- "Avast! I be a pirate this day!"
- "Drink up, me hearties!"
- "Ho there, cap'n! Buy me a grog, eh?"
- "I be a pir *hic*. I be a pir *hic*. I be a pir *hic*. I shteal things."
- "I like the cut of yer jib."
- "Me booty! Who took me booty!"
- "Sit down on the deck, mate! Rough seas ahead."
- "Thank the gods I'm not a landlubber!"
- "'Tis a fine day to sail the seas!"
- "'Tis talk like a pirate tide, don't ye know?"
- "Yarr. I can't stop grinning."
- "Ye salty sea dog! Buy us a drink, hey?"
- "Well met, jim lad. We be pirates, savvy?"
- "What will ye do with a drunken pirate, ear-lie in the morning."
NPCs affected[edit | edit source]
§ In Kamadan, two Istani commoners are transformed. The one that is mobile appears as a monk; a stationary one (near the traders in the northwest) appears as a necromancer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Birthday Celebrations||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Recurring||Canthan New Year • Lucky weekend • Sweet Treat Weekend (Easter) • Wintersday in July • Talk Like a Pirate Day • Special Treats Weekend (Thanksgiving)|
|One-time||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|