GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
(click to enlarge)
The island province of Istan is known for its navy—a formidable fleet that patrols Elona’s western coastline. Each day, ships from Tyria, Cantha, and other distant parts of the world arrive in the port city of Kamadan. From there, merchant ships travel to Istan’s numerous islands and the Kournan mainland, braving waters troubled by corsair patrols, cyclones, and greater dangers. Valiant Istani watch the waters, confident that when hostile outsiders arrive in Elona, the province’s citizens, soldiers, and sailors will be ready for them.
Great Istani heroes have been forged by great adversity: war, famine, invasion, and stranger threats. Over six hundred years ago, the infamous Scarab Plague devastated this province. Victims died horribly, as insects erupted through boils on their skin. Many believed the outbreak of plague had supernatural origins, blaming the suffering of the innocent on unseen forces. In this troubled time, heroes tended to the sick, evacuated towns and villages, and searched for the source of corruption. Though the origin of the plague was never found, great tales are still told of heroes helping the beleaguered populace.
To this day, Istan rewards bravery and accomplishment. No word describes its government more than “meritocracy:” the best and brightest are rewarded with promotion, and years of service are recognized. Village elders watch over many towns and outposts, eventually rising to positions of respect and authority on the Council of Elders. The province has its fair share of miscreants and scoundrels, of course—criminals typically sink to the dregs of society—but each dawn in Istan, another hero’s journey begins.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Towns[edit | edit source]
Explorable Areas[edit | edit source]
- Island of Shehkah
- Churrhir Fields
- Sun Docks
- Plains of Jarin
- Cliffs of Dohjok
- Zehlon Reach
- Fahranur, The First City
- Lahtenda Bog
- Issnur Isles
- Mehtani Keys
Outposts[edit | edit source]
- Chahbek Village
- Consulate Docks
- Sunspear Great Hall
- Champion's Dawn
- The Astralarium
- Jokanur Diggings
- Beknur Harbor
- Kodlonu Hamlet
- Blacktide Den
Arenas[edit | edit source]
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Chahbek Village ... (outpost)
- Jokanur Diggings ... (outpost)
- Blacktide Den ... (outpost)
- Consulate Docks ... (outpost)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most outposts in Istan have a maximum party size of 4, the only exceptions are Beknur Harbor, Kodlonu Hamlet and Blacktide Den, which have a maximum party size of 8.
- You can get a maximum of 21.9% exploration in Istan if you use a Nightfall character.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Istan is probably derived from the -stan suffix, which means "land", "place" or "country" in Sanskrit, Persian and related languages, and literally means I-Land.
- Some maintain that Istan is named after Istanbul, as Elonian architecture is similair to that of the Middle East.
- Istan is also an inland spanish town on the Costa Del Sol.
- The music throughout Istan is very similar to the theme of Endor, from Star Wars VI