GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Description[edit | edit source]
Jotun are a species of giant ogre-like humanoids found in the northern reaches of the Tyrian continent in the Guild Wars Eye of the North expansion pack. They are about the size of common Tyrian Giants but have larger heads and a lack of horns. They typically carry any of a variety of oversized mace like weapons and wear only a crude loincloth around their waist. While the Jotun do not appear to be intelligent, they can be heard to occasionally utter a few short phrases in the common tongue.
Jotun have also been seen to participate in organized fighting matches, which take place between two armed Jotun in what seems to be a ceremonial fighting ring, while other Jotun stand guard.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Because of their large size and great strength, Jotun posses two noticeable attributes:
- Most cannot be knocked down by any skill or attack.
- They can stomp their feet on the ground to knock down everyone around them using the monster skill "Giant Stomp".
On the weakness side, keep in mind that Jotuns ...
- Are fleshy creatures.
- Are susceptible to all conditions, including bleeding, poison and disease.
- Leave a corpse behind.
- Are not undead.
- Are not Giants.
- Are vulnerable to a well-timed Pain Inverter because of their Giant Stomp.
Varieties[edit | edit source]
Items dropped[edit | edit source]
Jotuns may drop the following loot (besides gold and various weapons and items):
|Salvage Items||Jotun plating|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jötunn are ogre-like giants and the greatest foes of the gods in Norse mythology.