GuildWiki has been locked down: anonymous editing and account creation are disabled. Current registered users are unaffected. Leave any comments on the Community Portal.
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Factions.
General[edit | edit source]
Kuunavang is a powerful dragon with terrible powers that appears in the Unwaking Waters mission. She has been corrupted by Shiro Tagachi and is used as a guardian to deny players access to the Harvest Temple. Upon defeating her, she is released from Shiro's grasp and aids the players in defeating him.
Legends in Cantha has it that she was trapped, or took residence, in the temple after the Jade Wind incident.
Quests Given[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
- Jade Sea
- Kaineng City
Skills used[edit | edit source]
- Corrupted Breath
- Corrupted Dragon Scales
- Corrupted Dragon Spores
- Dark Chain Lightning
- Renewing Corruption (only as Enraged Kuunavang)
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
When spoken to in the Divine Path:
- "Shiro will trouble us no longer. The envoys have taken him to a special place in the Underworld where he will pay for his crimes for all eternity."
Celestial Skills[edit | edit source]
Kuunavang offers the following special skills to the players in certain missions and explorable areas where she is present. Once used, the skill will only recharge when a boss is killed (similar to Resurrection Signet.)
- Storm of Swords
- Celestial Stance
- Star Shine
- Star Servant
- Celestial Haste
- Celestial Storm
- Star Strike
- Celestial Summoning
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Saltspray Dragons of the Jade Sea look like a much smaller version of Kuunavang. They are one of the random forms obtainable from a Mysterious Tonic.
- A Miniature of Kuunavang is given to every player who purchased the Guild Wars Factions Collector's Edition as a thank you gift. This was announced in the Guildwars.com news from May 4th 2006.
- Kuunavang is resistant to interrupts. It may take two or more consecutive tries to actually interrupt her. Thus skills like Spinal Shivers, Broad Head Arrow, Arcane Conundrum and Concussion Shot are very useful against her.
- Kuunavang has a maximum health of 6120, making skills such as Bitter Chill and especially Grenth's Balance very effective.
- Kuunavang, along with a Shiro'ken Elementalist and a Shiro'ken Warrior, appeared at the end of the Factions Preview Event and killed all players in the major cities.