Lionguard Gariol is a member of the Lionguard of Kryta.
- "Watch yourself. There's some who don't take to outsiders sticking their noses where they don't belong."
- "We Krytans say this land is our little slice of paradise."
- "Stay alert. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something amiss."
- "Some of us haven't forgotten that Kryta and Ascalon were enemies once."
- "Does this armor clash with my complexion? I really think I look better in darker colors."
- "Now where in Tyria did I put my sword? I just had it."
- "Been a lot of undead coming 'round lately. More than usual. Makes a person a bit uneasy, it does."
- "I should have been an innkeeper."
- "I should have been a farmer."
- "I should have been a Ranger. They get the best-looking armor."
- "Hollis got drunk and wandered off again. When I find that worthless soldier, I'm going to clock him."
- "There's no place on Tyria more beautiful than this."
- "What do I look like? A tour guide?"
- "Never thought I'd see an Ascalon 'round here. Things must be pretty bad to bring you to Kryta."
- "What a glorious day it is. I wish I were home with my family enjoying this sun."
- "I wonder what's for dinner tonight. I hope it ain't more of that watered-down fish stew."
- "Why are you bothering me? Can't you see I'm busy?"
- "If you need assistance, call on a member of the Lionguard. We're here to serve."
- "Don't you just hate the sucking sound of a sword being pulled out of a zombie?"
- "Kryta has some of the freshest, most delicious seafood you'll ever taste."
- "Do you smell that? I smell undead. Keep your guard up."
- "It sure is humid today. I wonder if it's going to rain."
- "What? Is there a sign above my head that says "Talk to me?""
- "Everyone sings the praises of the White Mantle, but the Lionguard does the real dirty work."
- "The beach is calling my name today."
- "My son dreams of becoming an adventurer. He'll be thrilled that I met you today."
- "I heard you traveled through the Shiverpeaks. That's quite a feat getting past them nasty Dwarves."
- "I shouldn't have eaten beans with breakfast this morning...."
- "Well, well, well. An Ascalon asking a Krytan for help. That's a first."
- "Make if [sic] quick. I've got better things to do than to sit around chatting."
- "With that accent of yours, I'd say you must be from Ascalon."
- Interestingly enough, he mentions Hollis, and the only known NPC named Hollis in the game is Gate Guard Hollis, in Ascalon. It is unknown if he is referring to that Hollis or some as-yet-unknown Krytan Hollis.